cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having issues with the crop photo feature?

Tried to edit some photos I took and the crop feature isn't working on any new photos. However, if I go into an existing auction and try to edit the photo that seems to be working, but not on anything new. All the other photo edit features are working.

Is this me or are others dealing with the same issue?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Hi, 

I wrote a bunch of listing yesterday (sunday) and did not have any problems. 

Try refreshing your browser, and dumping the history.  If you are using Chrome, you should just be able to click clean up.  (Be careful using that, it could remove stuff you do not  want removed).  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Yes, I have the same problem. I thought it was my phone. Another person has the same issue. I wasted about 100 or more photos. Sigh.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Did anyone find a solution?!?! 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Hi,  I was having the same problem and just figured it out.   When I use the camera feature, in their app, on my Samsung phone to take pictures there is a small square at the top with two arrows in it, when I clicked on it changed the size of the picture to more of a rectangle and now I can crop any new picture I take.  Hope your fix is as easy. 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Hi, yes I just got off the phone with eBay. Had the same problem last night and this morning. Also found in a few forms that people could adjust their old pictures and crop them just not the drafts. So I checked that, And yes it worked. Also read that someone else used the search by picture feature, to speed up the listing process and when they stopped it worked again. I noticed that I had done the same last night and I wasn't able to fill in condition, it was missing. So I went from with the information I had and tried a test listing without using the search by picture feature and had zero problems. I could crop it, lighten it,  do whatever and fill in condition. So I called the eBay again to give this information to update the ticket they started. So it definitely seems it somehow linked to the search by picture feature. They do have some tickets about it so far but the one person told me not many. Probably best if everybody lets them know. 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

However, they are working on it. 🤞

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I was having the same issues and also some pixelating on bright colors. Turned my camera's ISO settings down to 400. For now seems to have solved the problem. Hope this helps you too.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. it worked perfectly and all the sudden yesterday it doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do because it doesn't work on two different phones. it seems like something is wrong with the ebay software. If it was one one but both? I'm going to have to contact ebay support.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

wow. so we can't use the search feature. lol. I definitely use that all the time . I will try this solution. thanks for the advice

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

any update on this?

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. Just talk to Ebay and they didn't help at all.They are going to raise the issue with the IT department....but if not enough people call or bug them they will probably not do much about it. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I've just been having to crop mine before putting the photos on ebay...I've been cropping them through my phone.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Yes, I can't crop them it says it's already cropped to the max

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Wow, I didn't realize this was still going, it was crickets at the start. 

FWIW my issue just seemed to resolve itself and I have no idea how just as I have no idea why it started. I do not use a phone to do this, just a PC and I didn't change any settings on my scanner or when I e-mail pics from my phone to upload. 

But looks like I was far from alone. 

Message 15 of 27
latest reply