cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else deadly slow??????

I know this topic has been covered a gazillion times, but I am just checking in to see if this is a site wide event or my own pitty party. For me for the last 5 days or so it has been lights out, like I essentially have no listings on the site. A few worthless small sales, but no questions or offers. Kinda feels hopeless. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'd guess that people bought a bunch of stuff mid-late December. Got the statement mid-late January. Some didn't pay it all off. Now got their February statement. Saw the eye-popping interest. Cutting discretionary spending

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It is retail sales, Up and down and all around. Just had 2 slow weeks followed by 1 great week and today was highly active with some more goodins. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

My sales have been very good pretty much since October.  There have been some slow days like usual, but overall good.  Some of that has to do with the items I have been able to find and list.  I do definitely think that the economy is still having a huge effect on eBay sales.  Ironically I have once again hit a store items currently for sale total record for myself for the second time in 4 months.  Meaning I have the most items ever listed which also means less overall items sold.  My wife and I keep listing... and might have to stop due to lack of space in our storage

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Chugging along here - if I list on a regular basis, I sell. I'm running out of inventory so my sales have slowed down a tad in the last day or so, so I'm trying to scare up more invo.

ETA: Consumer spending continues strong, we just have to have what they want and of course that's a moving target.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Everything has been good and steady, until 4 days ago. Its all gone dark and not just on ebay this time but amzn also nothing for days and usually we do well there when its slow here,,....You don't have a steady flow and then the switch goes totally off, a slow down yes but not totally off....is the internet out? google shut down? searches off?   Our local post office even said they hardly have any packages to deliver this week,,,,so something does not seem right.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@goldrushfinds 

Looking at sales on daily or weekly basis will make you feel that way, but if you compare your first 2 months sales to the same period in 2022 and 2023, you'll see some hope.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

We are doing surprisingly well. Your listings and pictures look great. I'm sure things will pick up !  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have never, in all my years of selling on Ebay, had such slow sales . I have no defects, etc.  in 12 days 2 sales. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply