cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antiquated Store Listing Division

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so tired of the wasted auction listings that come with a store subscription. Not only are they restricted to a limited number of categories, but there is an added fee to include a buy it now price, and according to eBay:

90% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now – no bidding necessary

Instead of a division between fixed price and auction, sellers should be able to choose any style listing they want without decreasing the total number of listings we currently get and without raising store fees.

With no store level between Premium and Anchor this kind of change would be applauded by so many sellers. If 90% of items sold are fixed price then at least 90% of our store listings should be allotted as fixed price (or seller's choice). Come on, eBay!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I agree.

If the point is that ebay wants items to be sold

then let sellers decide how they sell most quickly.

Auctions are pretty much a waste of time for me & I rarely use them at all.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've wanted the same thing for a long time.  My store  auctions listings are normally never

totally used. I always seen to run out of  fixed price listings though..  Good post.

Hopefully the powers to be will take another look at how they allocate the listings

to stores. Being able to select any option out of a total allocated number would be my choice.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

With no store level between Premium and Anchor this kind of change would be applauded by so many sellers. If 90% of items sold are fixed price then at least 90% of our store listings should be allotted as fixed price (or seller's choice). Come on, eBay!

The gap between Premium and Anchor is huge both in monthly expense and number of listings. eBay won't successfully push me into an Anchor store so they're not going to get more fees from me that way.

By splitting 1/3 of Premium store listings into auction format eBay is getting less in fees from me. If the Premium store came with 1500 listings seller-chooses format then I would list and sell a whole lot more and eBay would get more fees for it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply