cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another cancellation whoopee

Bought a just listed item and seller canceled right away. Now we cant leave feedback and this power seller walks away unscathed to do it again and again. Us non power sellers don't have that luxury. Here is the 3 response's from the seller to the cancellation and one of my reply's.

Received- I am so sorry I will have to cancel your order the globe is no longer available for sale. I was just about to remove it again so sorry.

Received - The top of globe broke off.

my reply - send us a picture of the damage please.
thanks

Received - The item was taken to auction last week and the lot it was in has already sold.

There is more but my unhappy buying experience and final response/ impression reply was - Well god bless selling items on eBay, auctions, and maybe craigslist and your own website at the same time? Anyway your making eBay eBay.
Thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You should be able to leave FB in a few days.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I am not following.

You cannot leave negative feedback ever or I thought with a power seller you just have to wait 7 days to do it.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You just have to wait 7 days to leave a negative for a PowerSeller.

Stuff happens.  As it was pretty immediate, it could very well be the truth.  Unless the seller shows lots of negatives for similar complaints, I'd be inclined to let it go.  If you do decide to neg, I hope you have a buying account.

And, you have 60 days to decide.  You could always watch for a relist in that timeframe.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You can leave feedback, you just have to wait 7 days.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

h and hear I was going to comment on a BUYER CANCELLED topic - Love to get the BEST OFFER and GIve it to them for them to NEVER buy the item..................SOrry for your misfortune - there really is no way of knowing if a past item was relisted by Ebay for a seller, or if a seller will relist  an item in a few days because they want more money then the winning bid.  Sad that life has come to this.  I wish you better luck in the future.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

wrote:

Bought a just listed item and seller canceled right away. Now we cant leave feedback and this power seller walks away unscathed to do it again and again. Us non power sellers don't have that luxury. Here is the 3 response's from the seller to the cancellation and one of my reply's.

Received- I am so sorry I will have to cancel your order the globe is no longer available for sale. I was just about to remove it again so sorry.

Received - The top of globe broke off.

my reply - send us a picture of the damage please.
thanks

Received - The item was taken to auction last week and the lot it was in has already sold.

There is more but my unhappy buying experience and final response/ impression reply was - Well god bless selling items on eBay, auctions, and maybe craigslist and your own website at the same time? Anyway your making eBay eBay.
Thanks

Am I reading this right? First the seller claims the item was damaged, and then when you asked for evidence, they said Oh it's sold already. Two different stories in as many messages. Not good. But since this seller had to cancel the sale, they could have a defect. Ebay is cracking down on sellers who do not complete the sale. Sorry you had a poor buying experience. The delay of 7 days before FB can be left is a perk for being a PS. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Even if you been refunded?
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Web search suggests when refunded you cannot leave feedback But I'll wait and see.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Even if you have been refunded.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Gee first thing I do is check completed and sold and your listing wasn't in either so did you relist by accident and change the title also maybe? I have a cigarette dispenser and thought it be fun. We have 3 accounts earliest 2005 and never heard this before.
thanks

I have over 400 items listed and there was a few items I put in an auction last week . I sell at auction every week and since the globe needed repair it was put in a lot of vintage items some need repair. I was just going thru my listing and noticed a few items that should not have been automatically relisted. I am at present removing those few items. I hadn't got to globe before you purchased it. I am very sorry this happened. I have been selling since 2010 and this is the first time this has happen. If you see something else at my store that you are interested in I will give you extra money off.

and what does that mean?

The globe was put in lot of items to be repaired at an auction.

send us a picture of the damage please.
thanks
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Anytime a seller cancels a sale, unless the buyer requested it or there is a problem with the address — it's considered an "out of stock" cancellation.  The seller receives a defect and the buyer is allowed to leave feedback.

In your case, you just have to wait 7 days to leave it.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Read this in reverse sorry, and i'm not beating a dead horse here for this dead beat sale , this is what ebay is sometimes. I shared it and thanks for the replies.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

When he says put to auction, I surmise he means a local auction house where he brought a bunch of his stale or imperfect inventory that's collecting dust.  I have done that on several occasions.

The automatic relisting thing has caught even the best of sellers off guard from time to time.

I have had duplicates and I think I'm meticulous.

He's offering you a discount towards another purchase as compensation for his error.

It really sounds like a genuine mistake.  You've never made one?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply