cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

It is getting bad...this morning I generated two new listings with ebay items numbers...however they do not appear anywhere and doing a search on ebay general it show zero result for the item numbers, and in the store refreshing on the newly listed tab shows nothing yet, been a good 1/2 so far...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Indexing can take up to 24 hours; occasionally longer in some categories.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Give it time.  I see your most recent listings showing on your account were from May 11 and 12, so they're not there yet, but it can take some time, and some categories or keywords can extend that time.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You've been here a long time.  This is something you should have noticed over the years as it happens all the time.  It can take up to 24 hours for your items to appear in the searches.

You can however see all your listing in your Seller Hub under active listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It's the not showing up a month from now that's really bothersome 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@quicksilverdiecast wrote:

It is getting bad...this morning I generated two new listings with ebay items numbers...however they do not appear anywhere and doing a search on ebay general it show zero result for the item numbers, and in the store refreshing on the newly listed tab shows nothing yet, been a good 1/2 so far...

Without the item numbers, we cannot offer any assistance.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Why, it is normal for listing to take up to 24 hours to show in the searches.  This has happened for years and is covered in our User agreement.

From Section 6 of the User agreement:

• Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). eBay can't guarantee exact listing duration,

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Why, it is normal for listing to take up to 24 hours to show in the searches.  This has happened for years and is covered in our User agreement.

There have also been many times when a seller has mistakenly claimed that an item could not be found, when in fact it actually could be found.

So I asked for the item numbers so we could independently verify whether it can be found or not.

But you are correct, I should have said we cannot offer any assistance beyond the usual "wait for it to index" advice.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@quicksilverdiecast wrote:

It is getting bad...this morning I generated two new listings with ebay items numbers...however they do not appear anywhere and doing a search on ebay general it show zero result for the item numbers

FWIW, I can see your listings 364892793073 and 364892674477 right now.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply