cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An international seller is asking my email address to ship what I paid for.

Hi, the seller is asking for my email address to add to package tracking. I've never been asked to share my email address for international shipping. Could I suggest they use the one from eBay, "ebayshippingnotifs@ebay.com"?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@takashiirie 

You may be better served by logging out of this US forum and back into ebay. com/uk. Here's the link to your community discussion forum in your country, as there may be certain requirements concerning shipping many here are not familiar with:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion/ct-p/13

Good luck getting the help and advice you need.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've realised this was not the most appropriate question board. I'll move this to the buying board. Sorry!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, ckimodog. Much appreciated!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@takashiirie 

No need to apologize, I was glad to help.  I just wanted you to get best info & assistance concerning your issue.  Like I stated, many here may not be familiar with Royal Shipping.  

Have a great day in the UK

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

In the US, no seller needs the buyer's email info to ship an order.

And I have a hunch the same rule applies in the UK as well.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Many if not most International shipping services (maybe not USPS) REQUIRE an email address of the recipient, all the ones I use do (for the past few years).

The seller can find your anonymized email address on the order details page (they need to click on Show Contact Info).

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

Many if not most International shipping services (maybe not USPS) REQUIRE an email address of the recipient, all the ones I use do (for the past few years).

The seller can find your anonymized email address on the order details page (they need to click on Show Contact Info).

That anonymized address is only there for about 2 weeks, and then it disappears.

I print all my sales orders to PDF showing this info in case I need it later (you can use it to send a return label PDF, at least you could a while ago when I did it).

C.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Here's another one....buyers in China usually have the telephone number under the address on the package or envelope.

I don't think we are allowed to give email addresses out by an email on eBay to one another...unless it changed lately.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You are allowed to after a sale has occurred (because at that point they're not worried about you taking the sale off eBay, at least not as worried), but in most cases there's no reason to.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply