cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account reactivate

Hi,

Tomorrow I got an email with says I had to answer few questions but they did not said any question in the letter, and they told me my account is "on hold". I don't know what does it mean. Do you know what could I do to reactivate my account, and start selling again? A little of the mail:

"Hello eurogold.inc,
We wanted to let you know that you have been temporarily restricted from selling and buying on eBay because of concerns about your seller account. This must be frustrating, but measures like these help keep our marketplace safe for everyone.

Here’s what you should do
Please get in touch as soon as you can by going to the Help & Contact page below and selecting Contact Us. We’ll just need to ask you a few questions to verify your account so you can get back up and running again.. If we don’t hear from you within 7 days, your account may be at risk of being suspended."

Thanks if everybody could help me,
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Account reactivate

There are so many red flags and issues here I don't know where to begin. First follow the directions in the message you received from eBay and contact them. If the message did not come through the eBay message system but came in an email contact eBay through one of the social media sites.  Do not click on a link in an email you want to be sure it is eBay you are talking to. Also customer support is not the best these days so it may take you a bit to get somebody who knows what they are doing. 

You have only been on eBay since 29 March 2024 yet eBay somehow allowed you to list and sell a 2K item, and multiples of that item. You are only shipping to the US which, since you are in Hungry, is an international sale. Was your account completely established before you listed the gold bars? I.E. did you have a Payoneer account or whatever eBay uses for paying sellers in Hungry. 

You are selling a high value, high target item at a little under the current gold spot value and as a new seller you will probably attract every scammer out there. You do not accept returns and while, to the best of my knowledge, there is no restriction on importing gold into the US but this will probably get held in customs until the buyer pays the customs fees. 

If you have not shipped this item yet you may want to evaluate your risk and consider canceling it using out of stock as the reason. You will take a hit to your performance metrics but that may be better than loosing the $2K. 

Do you fully realize the fees, how eBay applies them and what eBay will retain? If the item sold to a US buyer in a state that has an 8% sales tax and you actually pay $30 to ship the item then eBay is going to charge you about $300 in fees for selling this item. 

Make sure you read and understand the eBay money back guarantee and it's implications. Your "seller does not accept returns" does not translate to no refunds and in the event the buyer files a Not As Described (NAD) chargeback they are likely to be fully refunded, you will still be charged the FVF's and the buyer will be allowed to keep the item. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy... 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Account reactivate

One other thing I forgot to mention is your listing indicates you will  ship the item 3 days after receiving cleared payment. You do realize as a new seller and given the high dollar amount of the item that sold eBay will probably hold your funds for up to 30 days before they are actually released and deposited in your account. You may want to read the following on funding holds. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816 

dbfolks166mt_0-1712054322464.png

Message 3 of 3
latest reply