cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account permanently suspended. How to create Business Plan ?

I see that there are experienced individuals in the field of commerce here. In such a scenario, how should I proceed? Any advice you provide on this matter is greatly appreciated.

We created a seller account on eBay using the information of our company in the United States to sell products manufactured by our company in Turkey.

- In our eBay store settings, we selected 'Turkey' as the 'Shipping location.'

- We shipped the incoming orders from Turkey.

- Within about two months, we received 51 orders.

- Our 'Tracking uploaded on time and validated' rate was 69%.

- All feedback received was positive.

However, before even two months had passed, eBay closed our store. For the following 30 days, I sent numerous emails and made several phone calls, but I received the same rejection response every time.

I believe we have not engaged in any illegal activities. I had made such a plan because PayPal is banned in Turkey, and I needed a way to receive payments.

Wishing everyone abundant sales

Regards

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I had made such a plan because PayPal is banned in Turkey, and I needed a way to receive payments.

@ar-5997 

So what Payment Processor is used in Turkey? And have you been receiving payments up until now with no issues?

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Since we also have a company in the United States, we used our company's PayPal account to receive payments. We absolutely did not engage in dropshipping. Our intention was to sell our own manufactured products. We are a legal entity paying taxes in both countries. We provided eBay with our brand's registration documents, EIN, and every other necessary information. We are clueless about why they closed our store without citing any reason. We are making consistent efforts to communicate with them.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@ar-5997 wrote:

- Our 'Tracking uploaded on time and validated' rate was 69%.

This is probably why your account was restricted from selling. 69% is really, really, really low. Most sellers in good standing will be at 100%, and anything at 98% or below is a problem.

I don't think that developing a business plan will help at this point, sorry.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

If I were banned from selling on ebay.

My business plan would be to no longer sell on ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@ar-5997 wrote:

Since we also have a company in the United States, we used our company's PayPal account to receive payments. We absolutely did not engage in dropshipping.

I agree with @lacemaker3 that your problem isn't related to Paypal but is based on the quite low 69% tracking rating. 

But whether PP is allowed in Turkey or not is irrelevant because you cannot use your company's PP account to receive payments. Payments would be received through your managed payments on ebay. (Buyers can still use PP to pay for purchases.) 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I'm not sure how you could use your Paypal account to receive payments, do you mean Payoneer?  In North American sellers receive their payments via their linked bank account, not Paypal. But in some countries, ebay requires sellers to use Payoneer.  How were you receiving payment so far?

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Thank you for your response.

We have stores on platforms other than eBay. For incoming orders, we enter early tracking numbers obtained from our carrier. These numbers later automatically change to tracking numbers provided by carriers like DHL or FedEx. If you don't directly work with carriers like FedEx or DHL, you can see that eBay also includes intermediary carrier companies in its system.

However, this situation still led to our system showing low performance despite entering all tracking numbers early. Could this really be a reason for store closure? All orders were delivered to customers on time, and all feedback on orders was positive.

If this is indeed the issue, I will definitely be more careful in my next plan.  

Best regards.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

Are you thinking of the late shipment rate?   The uploaded and validated tracking shouldn't matter unless a seller is a TRS.  It doesn't drop an above standard seller to below standard even they never use tracking.

Or is this a specific ebay export rule?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Still confused of same. How have you been receiving payments through PayPal, when eBay has been using Managed Payments for years now? Is it possible that you're returning  to selling? Either way... your tracking is an issue now, @ar-5997.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@ar-5997 

If a seller gets restricted on AMZ, part of the account recovery process was submitting a business plan. I have not heard of that as related to an eBay account.

Account permanently suspended is just that, permanent. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lacemaker3 

Are you thinking of the late shipment rate?   The uploaded and validated tracking shouldn't matter unless a seller is a TRS.  It doesn't drop an above standard seller to below standard even they never use tracking.

Or is this a specific ebay export rule?

Export sellers do have different standards that have to be met, which are based on issues that are typically seen with export sellers based outside of the region they are primarily selling and marketing to. Items not received is a huge issue for export sellers, and eBay has started cracking down on it.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thank you for your response.

I love a good challenge; giving up is not in my nature. I know I'm not the only one facing such issues. By learning from my mistakes, I'll devise a new plan. It seems I'll need to open a new company and a new bank account. I'm thinking of doing this on behalf of my other partner and opening a new store.

Regards.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

On 01/30/2018, eBay sent a message to buyers and sellers that announcing that Paypal was being replaced.
a) No seller needs a Paypal account. At least not in the United States.
b) You should have enrolled in the approved payment program for Turkey. Maybe Payoneer.
c) Do you need to transfer money from your US checking account to Paypal, to elsewhere and finally Turkey?
d) That 69% could mean you are providing a Bad Buyer Experience. Did you get a message about that?
https://export.ebay.com/en/regulations/ebay-policies/bber/

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Doesn't the word "permanently" translate to "forever"?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply