cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting a return but cannot give a label

Hello,

I tried to found more information about this but somehow there is nothing on the community or ebay about this.

• In case of international return when a seller accept a return but check the box "cannot provide or print label" what is the next step? Is the buyer need to contact the seller for make arrangement and the seller send money to the buyer and buyer ship the product?

What happen if the buyer does not contact or does not want to do the step to ship himself? Do ebay refund the buyer or close the return after X time?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Now if the buyer never escalates the return request, it will automatically close 30 business days after it was started.

But if the buyer escalates the return request, eBay will give the seller 5 days to issue an international return label, send money via PayPal to buy a trackable return label, or refund without requiring a return.

Then if the seller does not take action, eBay will force a refund at the end of the 5 days without requiring a return.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@tarpedge

In the return process, if the return is accepted and seller select cannot provide or give label...

There is no option to select escalate to ebay. (Am I wrong?)

I think the only way to do this is to call Ebay (Am I wrong?)

Actually in the return request there is no date or limit or link to ask ebay to step in.

Return request is open for 11 days now. 

Please confirm?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Never escalate a dispute to Ebay.  You automatically earn the dreaded case closed without seller resolution defect, which can negatively impact your selling privileges, up to and including permanent suspension.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

According to a Shippo rep who gave a Q&A on eBay Canada, Shippo will allow Canadian sellers to print USPS labels if we indicate we want to become USPS customers.

No word on whether this works for any other country, or even vice versa with US sellers able to print Canada Post labels.

Nor has any seller reported doing this successfully yet.

Still, there is a possibility.

Note that since most Canadians live very close to the border, many dotCA sellers do ship from the USA or use a service that does this. USPS is much cheaper than Canada Post.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That's correct. When a seller cannot buy a label from a carrier in the buyer's country, eBay stalls the return with no option to ask eBay to step in, and attempts to trick the buyer to purchase an international return label by lying that "we'll ask the seller to reimburse you" as shown here:

The buyer has to recognize the subterfuge, then harness phone or social media to ask eBay to step in and stick it back to the seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply