cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting 1 than more currency and posting same items on ebay local

Hello,

you know how they say everything for the customer, thus I'd like to ask whatever there is a way to add more than one currency here on ebay (and whatever ebay will consider this option in future)?

2. Also can I post same item on ebay locals. For example one on ebay.com and ebay.de, so I can reach a wider audience, since translations are not available?

Best Regards,

eastfolk

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1. eBay used to allow both Canadian and US currency listings on the Canadian site but changed that last year so now all items listed on that site are in $C.  It's unlikely that they will ever go back to 2 currencies on any site.  However, when your listing is shown on another site the buyer sees it in the listing currency and as an estimate of their own currency.

2. Yes you can post on both sites but make sure that you don't ship to the same locations on each listing otherwise they could be considered duplicate listings.  On the de site you might want to ship to Europe only and to other countries on the US site,.

But as another poster mentioned, if you only have the 1 item, it could cause a big problem if it happens to sell on both sites at the same time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No to both questions

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@eastfolk16 wrote:

2. Also can I post same item on ebay locals. For example one on ebay.com and ebay.de, so I can reach a wider audience, since translations are not available?

VERY dangerous.

What if a two people, one on each site, both bid and win?

Who do you ship to?

The other person will certainly hit you with a Resolution Center case AND negative feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

1. eBay used to allow both Canadian and US currency listings on the Canadian site but changed that last year so now all items listed on that site are in $C.  It's unlikely that they will ever go back to 2 currencies on any site.  However, when your listing is shown on another site the buyer sees it in the listing currency and as an estimate of their own currency.

2. Yes you can post on both sites but make sure that you don't ship to the same locations on each listing otherwise they could be considered duplicate listings.  On the de site you might want to ship to Europe only and to other countries on the US site,.

But as another poster mentioned, if you only have the 1 item, it could cause a big problem if it happens to sell on both sites at the same time.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

All mi items are made to order, sot there won't be this kind of problems. So basically I can post on ebay.es , ebay.de and put the shipping information differently?

I wanted to chat with customer support, but the seems out of reach. They offer only phone call.

Best Regards,

eastfolk

Message 5 of 5
latest reply