cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Christmas Card I just got from my Mail Carrier

I'm really touched by this Christmas card I just found in my mailbox today from my mail carrier. I just moved into this manufactured home at the end of November. I'm so grateful that they come to my porch to grab my packages every day because they only have to deliver mail to a hub of mailboxes at the entrance of the park. I don't have a car so I really rely on their service. I gave her $30 the first time I was able to meet her picking up my packages as I thank you and a Christmas gift. I've done that for other carriers that I've had in the past but never received a card like this. It meant a lot to me so I just thought I would share with all of you. 🥰🥰🥰

20240109_161101.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

😊As a retired Postmaster of 33 years, I know all too well how a little something can brighten anyone's day. I appreciate what you did for your carrier. Now that I am retired and selling on eBay to try to keep up with inflation, I have given my carrier and clerks at my local PO something every Xmas. Yes, we will get those who tell you that you cannot give more than a certain amount, but just look at the overall Federal Government and witness the waste. And trust me, you don't want to know what I have seen during those 33 years. It was very nice that this new person also took the time to drop you a handwritten note of thanks. For me, she sounds like a keeper if the PM is wise. My carrier picks up almost daily, so I consider him part of by business team. My bottom line is, that without him and the clerks, I could not do what I do. Sure, I don't have to do it, but I figure if I am making money I should be able to share just a little with them with a gift card or so. Very nice post.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's nice to be able to read a post with a happy storyline. Good for you and thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

😊As a retired Postmaster of 33 years, I know all too well how a little something can brighten anyone's day. I appreciate what you did for your carrier. Now that I am retired and selling on eBay to try to keep up with inflation, I have given my carrier and clerks at my local PO something every Xmas. Yes, we will get those who tell you that you cannot give more than a certain amount, but just look at the overall Federal Government and witness the waste. And trust me, you don't want to know what I have seen during those 33 years. It was very nice that this new person also took the time to drop you a handwritten note of thanks. For me, she sounds like a keeper if the PM is wise. My carrier picks up almost daily, so I consider him part of by business team. My bottom line is, that without him and the clerks, I could not do what I do. Sure, I don't have to do it, but I figure if I am making money I should be able to share just a little with them with a gift card or so. Very nice post.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@sapphire_studio 

That is really sweet! How do you like your new home?

I believe the max dollar amount you can give a postal employee is $20 ( now, if that changed correct me) but your trusted relationship with your carrier is priceless. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I absolutely love my house it's way bigger and now I have my own eBay office 🙂

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

What a lovely post!

Kudos to both you & your letter carrier for being such appreciative people!

Thanks for sharing something nice to hear...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I could not love this more. The world needs more kindness and our postal workers are definitely under appreciated. Thanks for the uplifting story 🙂

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That's great @sapphire_studio ! I was thinking about you last week as I was helping another seller with their move, and wondering how your move went and shipping situation turned out. So awesome your carrier is willing to do porch pickup even though it's not required of her.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank You for sharing, Very Nice!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 thanks again for all your advice for the move regarding shipping and address changes. It definitely helped me a lot (as you always do for everyone). 🥰❤️🥰

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Nice post!

Every year a day or two before Christmas my wife and I drop off at our post office a box of a dozen assorted doughnuts from a local coffee and doughnut shop, and we write on top of the box "Merry Christmas and thanks for everything you do. From - our name." 

We do it around 4pm when they're ready for a good snack, and they are always delighted.  We also make sure our regular mail carrier gets a separate gift card to one of the local coffee/doughnut shops as well.  The postal people deserve to know how much we appreciate their service.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply