cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BUYER BOUGHT AN ITEM AND CANCEL IMMEDIATELY. REASON, MY CREDIT CARD WAS STOLEN

A buyer bought my classic Air Max 90 and in less than a minute he canceled the order claiming that his credit card was stolen. However, he did not complain about a stolen credit card in his initial response and only did so when I asked him this question.  " How could someone steal your credit card and used it from your Ebay account?  I haven't   ship the item yet. Should I REFUND payment or ship the item? Please help. Thank you

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A BUYER BOUGHT AN ITEM AND CANCEL IMMEDIATELY. REASON, MY CREDIT CARD WAS STOLEN

Cancel at buyers request.

Yes,this is a posting id,I have been selling on Ebay for fifteen years!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Make sure it is actually cancelled and go ahead and refund. Don't worry about the excuse as everyone has one.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Personally I would refund. If you end up shipping the item, and this person decides to file a claim through ebay or even their bank, you will lose the item and money anyways.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If a buyer wants to cancel.. Just cancel.. No matter how stupid their excuse is.

It will cost you more time and money in the long run if you try to continue with the transaction.

1. They can return it and claim that it is not as described, hitting your metrics and costing you shipping both ways.

2. They can leave poor feedback that you did not satisfy their wishes.

3. They can damage the item and send it back in order to not have to pay return shipping.

4.  They can waste more of your time emailing back and forth.

5. They can file with their credit card or paypal and cost you more money.

Just cancel, relist, move on.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

So should I refund?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@awlio.bao9x5ipa wrote:
So should I refund?

Are you going to ship the item ? If yes, the no do not refund. If no, then yes refund.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Just cancel the purchase.

It will be refunded without your input. You might be out some fees if paid with paypal. Would you rather be out the whole amount AND the item?

No, you cannot cancel and keep the money.

Radine

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

So should I refund?

Yes, that will be part of the cancel process.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@awlio.bao9x5ipa 

...when process your cancel, make sure your reason is "as buyer requested"...eBay will refund your Final Value Fee...

...do it ASAP, don't delay so you won't be charge for the fee...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply