cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BIT LATE EBAY!

Just got a message today, time-stamped 1:03 pm reminding that a buyer had finally paid for their purchase and that I should print their shipping label.

The problem is that the shipping label was printed yesterday about 6:30 pm!

Wasted effort on both ends...if they think we need a program to remind us of every little thing & every little way to run OUR business, why don't they include a way to check and see if the procedure might have already occurred? 

Should I say OVERKILL!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

A BIT LATE EBAY!

Until carrier scans item the system does not see item as shipped.Printing a label does not trigger that

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

You know that you can go to your Account>Communication Preferences and switch that one off. I have almost all of those notifications switched off! They're just spam to me...

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@vintageista wrote:

Just got a message today, time-stamped 1:03 pm reminding that a buyer had finally paid for their purchase and that I should print their shipping label.

Wasted effort on both ends...if they think we need a program to remind us of every little thing & every little way to run OUR business, why don't they include a way to check and see if the procedure might have already occurred? 

Should I say OVERKILL!

Time stamp? Is that the time received or the time sent? (Time sent can be found in the headers).

Do understand that when you are sending MILLIONS of emails every day (or maybe every hour) there can be some hiccups along the way (and that's before they get to your incoming mail server).

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@vintageista wrote:

Wasted effort on both ends

Automated messages take no effort at all on eBay's part. 

And since you knew you had shipped it, it should have taken minimal effort on your part. 

On my list of complaints about eBay, the occasional overlap of a message would not even make the top 500. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

Why are you so upset? Turn off those notifications or just delete? As for the time stamp That's probably  just when it got delivered not necessarily when it was sent.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

I wouldn't even attempt to do business here via email. Everything I need to see is on my seller page, and it's immediate (at least it always has been).  Emails get deleted, most of the time without being read.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

To be fair, I don't think this was a complaint, just sharing a *shrug*. Lot's of those on ebay!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@vintageista wrote:

Should I say OVERKILL!

No.  You should be following the instructions in your seller hub which gives you all the info you need to be successful as a seller on eBay.  I have not gotten those okay to ship messages from eBay in at least a dozen years.  You can or at least could at one time opt out of those kinds of messages.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

The notification I really despise? Ebay emails that "your item has been delivered". A brand new buyer misunderstood that and gave me a neg. They hadn't yet checked their mail box!

It was two hours on hold with CS to make that one go away. Thanks (stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes) for the notifications ebay!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

My credit card account is set up to remind me payment is due in five days. Even if I make the payment ten days or more before it's due, I still get that notification. Sometimes it makes me think I forgot to pay and have a short panic attack until I double-check. So it's not just eBay. 😉
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@annadryl 

My fave is that you have already sold the item and 2 days later you get "lower the price" OR "eyes on your item" and it is way gone. Just a waste of time.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@vintageista wrote:

Should I say OVERKILL!

Check your site preferences and see if you can turn off the notification.  I've never gotten one of this, so there is probably something you can turn off for the future.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

@annadryl wrote:

To be fair, I don't think this was a complaint, just sharing a *shrug*. Lot's of those on ebay!

Exactly my point. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

A BIT LATE EBAY!

Overkill: when you take more time to complain about it here than it would have taken to ignore and delete an automated message about an item that you already shipped.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply