cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Chance Offers

I have a situation I have not come across yet.  I had an auction end yesterday and the buyer stated he did not choose the ending price.  I have communicated with him and he said go ahead the next buyer.  This is the first time I have offered a second change offer.  When I read the instructions on 2nd chance offers it stated you can only add up to 20 second chance offers.  I offered to the next two bids in line for 24 hours.  Now, I have the same listing twice ending in around 22 hours.  Is this normal?  I see where the listing has a message to the proposed buyer they have a 2nd chance to buy the time.

Thanks

Cal

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

2nd Chance Offers

Second Chance offers are used when (1) the original transaction is not completed; or (2) when the seller has duplicate item(s). 

As you have seen, when you send  a SCO, eBay creates a new listing which is identical to the original auction, except that it is a fixed price listing with the price set at the underbidder's maximum bid. So the only time when a seller should send more than one at a time is if the seller has more than one extra item to sell.

By sending two SCO's, you created two new listings and there is a risk that you will now have two separate buyers for your one item.  You probably should end one of those listings immediately, but if you're feeling lucky you could just keep watch on them, and wait until one of them sells before ending the other.  Fortunately for you, the acceptance rate for SCOs is pretty low so the risk of having two buyers isn't very high.

Another point:  Before sending a SCO, the seller should cancel the original transaction, In this case, citing "Buyer requested" though in more often the reason is "Buyer hasn't paid," If you don't cancel the original listing, then that's an additional potential payment you could receive,

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

2nd Chance Offers

That sounds right. Been a while since I did a second chance offer. 

The listings you see should only be the for the potential buyers you sent the offer to. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

2nd Chance Offers

Thanks for the input.  We'll see.  It's only set for a day

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

2nd Chance Offers

Awesome, thanks for the info.  My first thought was to cancel one of the two listings, however, there was no option to cancel them. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

2nd Chance Offers

I figured it out.  I used "Customer Service" search to find cancel a listing and one of the two are gone now.  Hopefully the current listed buyer will pay.  We'll see!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

2nd Chance Offers

He isn't a buyer until he hits that "Buy it now" on the listing.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply