cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% or 10% discount for TRS?

Dear eBay,

I see that the 10% kicked in May 1,  yet I was just editing some stuff in bulk and see that they still show the 20% discount listed there. So eBay what is it? YOU KNOW if any of us sellers left something like that on a listing we would HAVE to give the customer the better deal even if it was a mistake (wrong weight, price, any sort of oops) or we would get a nice negative and maybe sanctioned by you. So shouldn't you give us the 20% until you erase that old offer from every place on your site?

Also, where are these other wonderful things we are supposed to be getting instead of that other 10% because I sure have not seen any other great benefits coming my way in the last month? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@eaux-de-vie wrote:

Dear eBay,

I see that the 10% kicked in May 1,  yet I was just editing some stuff in bulk and see that they still show the 20% discount listed there. So eBay what is it? YOU KNOW if any of us sellers left something like that on a listing we would HAVE to give the customer the better deal even if it was a mistake (wrong weight, price, any sort of oops) or we would get a nice negative and maybe sanctioned by you. So shouldn't you give us the 20% until you erase that old offer from every place on your site?

Also, where are these other wonderful things we are supposed to be getting instead of that other 10% because I sure have not seen any other great benefits coming my way in the last month? 

Yes and the seller's SOLD bucket is EMPTY!!!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ive seen the same, I mean, if I am still getting 20% I wont argue that! 

Just wondering what the deal is an why some of us stil show 20%. I wont be happy if I only get 10% when The dashbaord is howing 20% confirmed. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@eaux-de-vie wrote:
So shouldn't you give us the 20% until you erase that old offer from every place on your site?

Nice try.  But, TOS and seller updates will beat the software lag every time.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Discounts like everything else are based on the LISTING date, if the items were listed in April they get 20%, after May 1, 10%

GTC that were renewed in May get 10% after the renewal date.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ellis61 wrote:

@eaux-de-vie wrote:
So shouldn't you give us the 20% until you erase that old offer from every place on your site?

Nice try.  But, TOS and seller updates will beat the software lag every time.  Smiley Happy

If I am being advertised 20% on my Seller Dashboard I can make a seriously strong argument for that...  You can claim "muh ToS" "muh seller update" etc... but what about what is ADVERTISED/Shown (essentially promised)to me BY EBAY on the seller dash board? 

What if you bought gas at $2.20 a gallon but you checked your credit card statement and found you were actually charged 2.80 a gallon? Youd be angry right? 

They need to fix it to show 10% for EVERYONE or clarify why some are still seeing 20% as this could cause quite the argument. Not that eBay actually cares though. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's currently the transition period, up until Jun 15thsellers are being billed for listings placed in both April and May so 10% or 20% are both correct. After the June 15th billing all sellers and all listings will be 10% and probably the dashboard will reflect that.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Discounts like everything else are based on the LISTING date, if the items were listed in April they get 20%, after May 1, 10%

GTC that were renewed in May get 10% after the renewal date.

I dont belive this. I have 2 active listings, one was listed in April, the other May 28th and it shows in plain text 20% discount.  Really wish we could get some claification on this. 

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Here's another thread talking about this and it has some eBay employees responding.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Wonder-if-they-ll-honor-it-Dashboard-says-20-discount/td-p/2699...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@cardseller1992 wrote:

@ellis61 wrote:

@eaux-de-vie wrote:

If I am being advertised 20% on my Seller Dashboard I can make a seriously strong argument for that...  You can claim "muh ToS" "muh seller update" etc... but what about what is ADVERTISED/Shown (essentially promised)to me BY EBAY on the seller dash board? 

You must be one of those sellers that thinks making a listing with "As Is, No Returns" means that a buyer can't return the item and get their money back.  Smiley Wink

But, since you seem to want to go after the eBay windmills, here is a jousting pole for you to argue that you should get the 20% discount based on being a PowerSeller:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/powerseller/benefits/discounts_faq.html

(I can find other old pages on eBay that promise all sorts of things if you need some more).

Message 10 of 10
latest reply