cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Different Sellers have same credit card chargebacks from same buyer!

Hello again,

I posted something earlier and now I found someone who has the chargebacks that I do from the SAME buyer in the same city with credit cards chargebacks from the same buyer....with same ID eBayer.

How many credit card chargebacks can an eBayer do on this platform?

Yes...I am rather mad.

eBay has done nothing yet other than holding funds from a chargeback from me that is from 8 months 

ago. And I am expected to refund so this buyer can keep on doing this?

I did reach out to an eBay moderator online...but so far...ghosted I guest.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's not a question of how many chargebacks a buyer can do on eBay it's how many will their CC company allow. While eBay may possibly monitor buyer behavior for chargeback abuse I suspect they defer more to the CC company to handle that issue. Many CC companies do monitor both businesses as well as cardholders activity for signs of chargeback abuse or friendly fraud. 

Regardless of what some people may claim chargeback processing requires resources and is detrimental to the bottom line despite the fact that the CC companies charge fees for disputing a chargeback they are not sufficient to cover the cost of the people, infrastructure, office space, computers......... required to handle the chargebacks. 

CC companies may terminate a card holders account or prohibit a business from being able to accept their card if they detect signs of chargeback abuse. How often that happens is anybody's guess. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You and other sellers should be sure to use the "report buyer" link in your accounts to report the buyer. If enough sellers report the same member, ebay will likely take action. 

I'm curious. What is the reason for the chargeback? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply