cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pictures in file exchange

I was using photobucket for my imgages, but that is no longer an option.

I only list about 50 items a month and have an inventory of 2000.  How can/where can I keep my photos and link them to my file exchange database.  I used to use turbo lister and lost everything.  Now the same has happened with photobucket.  Is google an option?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There are several. Look at use.com I am not recommending any one site over any other.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Be careful with the terms of use.com. From what I understand, you must use the HTML link code they provide to insert in your listing. This code makes a off link connection to use.com to show a larger image. I believe use.com gets revenue from a buyer going to their site either to be shown ads so tha use.com gets paid.  A free site needs the revenue to survive.

Using the direct link to the image is not allowed. I emailed use.com years ago asking abut using their site to host photos and use a direct URL link. I was told no, I had to use their link code.

use.com encourages use of their site to host photos but needs their HTML code used to generate revenue.  So using use.com to host eBay photos for use in eBay File Exchange with direct image URLs I believe is a violation of their terms.

http://www.use.com/terms.html

Linking to Images:

You are encouraged to include links to your images or videos hosted on Use.com or to embed your video using our generated code. However, you may not hotlink images or videos hosted on the Use.com website directly on any other website. This impacts our bandwidth and may interfere with access for other users. This practice is also referred to as inline linking, direct linking or deep linking and violates these Terms of Use. You are limited in how you may edit the generated HTML code provided to display your images on other websites. All provided size restrictions, links, and credits must remain intact. Linking or embedding images or videos in any way other than the use of codes provided by Use.com is prohibited. Any violation of these prohibitions will result in the immediate deletion of the offending images and may result in the termination of your account.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Pocomocomputing! My suggestion was from another PhotoBucket user who had successfully moved their links to use com. I will not suggest this again.

Thanks again.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I sent an email to use.com asking their policy on use of their site.  Here is part of their reply:

Use.com has been able to offer free photo hosting only because of support
from advertising on the Use.com website. Unfortunately, eBay's decision to
prohibit links to third party image hosting sites will probably make free
image hosting a thing of the past.

They also went on to say their would not prohibit direct linking for the time being but it is against their terms.

At Use.com, we are evaluating the options going forward and hope to offer
an economical alternative in the near future. While we are in transition,
we will not enforce the prohibition on direct linking to your hosted
images used on eBay. This does not reflect a change to the terms. We
simply don't want our users to be stuck in the middle on this while we
modify our model.

Free photo hosting sites for use with eBay and other commerce sites appears to be finished. Many sellers will have to pay for a photo hosting site if needed it seems.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The Photobucket issue has been discussed in the eBay.ca forums recently. A very interesting topic was posted by a Canadian seller with the PhotoBucket issue.  One member posted that using Amazon Web Services to host photos is low cost and reliable. First year is free, 5 gb storage limit, 15 gb/month traffic.  After that fees are supposed to be very low.

Here is a link to the topic in the eBay.ca forums.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-website-to-use-to-include-pictures-in-my-description...

Does anyone here on eBay.com uses the Amazon Web Services?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply