cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to crop pictures and unable to post quality pictures

3 days ago after a small update..I can no longer crop photos and when I post pictures ebay turns them Into 1990 flip phone pictures. I have contacted support 3 times and they have basically said it's my phone. I have deleted recent apps and cleaned my phone. I have tried posting from phone to desktop. I have 2k active listings and have never had such an issue .

I am using a Samsung s21. I have changed my photo settings. I have cleared caches. I reinstalled the app. I even tried to take pictures than manually crop them with no luck. I have basically done everything I can possibly think of besides restoring my phone at this point.

Is anyone out there having any kind of issues like this before I go buy a new phone? My hope is that I am not the only one. 😞

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The same for me too. I can't find what is doing it. This is frustrating, started last night. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I was able to find a work around and I do not know if this will help you but I hope it does. It turns out it was Ebays search by picture feature which I use to post cards for every listing to speed up the process. Once I stopped using it I am now able to crop and my pictures upload fine now.  

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I use Google Photos to host (free & secure "https") all my images. If you do all your edits (cropping / color / brightness / contrast) in google photos, then you can copy the URL on that image and paste it into the E-Bay listing tool. This will keep the original size so when you see an image on E-Bay and hover over it or click on it, then it will show the larger size image. I haven't had much success using the E-Bay photo edit tool. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Same issue is happening to me but not my partner on the same account while listing. Hopefully a fix happens soon.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Same issue and I am using a Samsung. I tried cropping from my computer and my husband's phone and it won't let me. 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

That is exactly the problem. I had let ebay know over a week ago now.   I deleted the app, reinstalled and cannot use the picture feature to look items up now.  Glad that you figured it out too. What a mess. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I have the same problem here, but it's weird. Sometimes, I can crop my images, but other times, I can't. The problem is not my phone, on desktop the problem is the same.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Same thing has happened to me. I can't crop my photos in the app, and the photos look horrible. I did try using the search by photo option early today, and now I can't crop. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it still is happening.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Same problem. I deleted the APP and reinstalled and problem is fixed!

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

But when you delete the app did all of your information and all your listings get saved?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I am going through the same with the same phone. I have uninstalled etc: I haven't been listing for the last month due to arm injury, finally got into 2 only, because of the picture quality now! I don't want see it being a phone issue, seeing its relatively new.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Went out and bought a galaxy s23 ultra today and doing the same issue as the 21 ultra.  A response from ebay would be nice.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Thank you so much. I restarted my phone and deleted then reinstalled the app and it works fine now.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Yes. The listings are saved to the cloud, not the app.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply