cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister Survey

OK, I had posted this on the selling forum and someone suggested that I post this on this forum.

I just took a survey from eBay about improving Turbo Lister. I find Turbo Lister useful for keeping track of my inventory, when I last posted an item, item descriptions, etc. For me at least, a very useful tool.

They wanted to know how they could make it better. I listed what I thougth would be useful improvements. Here was a tool that eBay was going to discontinue and after people stepped up and said they wanted them to keep it, eBay did. Yeah eBay.

NOW ebay wants to either intregrate it into Sellers Hub and/or start charging a monthly fee of $4.99-$9.99. I know its an old tool, but at least for me it does the job I need it to. I can't see how it costs eBay money for me to have access to it. Bad e Bay.

Now I understand eBay needs to make money but so do I. If they start charging for it I will have to give it up.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Turbo Lister Survey

eBay has been making considerable changes to the eBay API (application programming interface). The APIs are the basis for everything eBay.

It may be that eBay cannot include all of the new features into TurboLister 2. TurboLister 3? Maybe, but I really doubt that eBay wishes to develop and maintain a offline listing tool.

Many members wish for the offline program. Especially thise in rural areas with low connection speeds and those with older equipment.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Turbo Lister Survey

I tried Turbo way back when... 2009 as I recall; until it crashed a laptop and a desktop (the tech confirmed it was this program).  On top of that expense, I found it difficult to use and very incomplete for my needs.  Therefore, I despise it and will never use it again. There are far better tools available - for free. 

Best of luck to those who use it.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Turbo Lister Survey

I didn't get the survey and I do have one ID that is signed up to receive Ebay surveys.

One would think they would have sent this survey to all the sellers who are using Turbo Lister. I've been using it forever. I think I started out with Mister Lister and then moved to Turbo Lister when I cut my selling back and didn't need to be paying for something I might not use every month.

They did promise that all the functions of Turbo Lister would be integrated into Seller Hub before they shut TL down but to date I don't see an Inventory section in my Seller Hub.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Turbo Lister Survey

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

I tried Turbo way back when... 2009 as I recall; until it crashed a laptop and a desktop (the tech confirmed it was this program).  On top of that expense, I found it difficult to use and very incomplete for my needs.  Therefore, I despise it and will never use it again. There are far better tools available - for free. 

Best of luck to those who use it.

Send me a private message on what this free better tool is. Everything I've looked at requires a hefty monthly fee.

I just took the survey which I received this morning but I doubt it will have any impact. Ebay is gonna do what Ebay wants to do.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Turbo Lister Survey

I too would like to know of any free Turbo Lister alternatives - just something to archive my old listings is sufficient.  I don't sell enough to justify a monthly fee so if/when Turbo Lister is no longer available for free I will probably sell even less on eBay unless I can find a free alternative. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Turbo Lister Survey

If you would, I also would like to know of this free alternative.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply