cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister Alternative Replacement - Sixbit VS WonderLister

I have not tried either Wonder Lister or Sixbit 

I have only done a quick comparison between the two based on the information from each website - and some answers I received from Sixbit in an email (see below).  I did not contact WonderLister.

I have only looked at these two Alternatives because they seem to be the most talked about here on ebay as replacements for TL.

I'm leaning toward using Sixbit as they have been around for awhile, their system is being promoted by ebay (maybe some 'future-proof' that Sixbit will contiune to Function with ebay's forever changes) and personal requirements in a new Alternative - some of which are mentioned below.

A few options to consider for ex-Turbo Listers when choosing an Alternative

Your listings/descriptions stored on your computer (as with Turbo Lister) or are they stored in the cloud.

Bulk Editing available.

Import and also Export of your listings/descriptions out of the Alternative at a later date.

Scalable system - easily adapts to Your business growth

I used the below listed website charts for comparison

I think it is helpful to go to each website to see what is on offer for your money.

sixbitsoftware.com/tloffers

wonderlister.com/pricing

I most likely will chose one of these Sixbit versions to use as a Turbo Lister Alternative/Replacement

Starting with the Turbo Lister Edition, and if necessary, changing to the Home and Hobby Edition at a later date.

Turbo Lister Edition - $14.99 per month.

Home and Hobby Edition - $19.99 per month.

Here is what I like about Sixbit - Turbo Lister Edition (and don't like about WonderLister)

You can try any one of the 4 Levels, for free, for 6 Months.  WonderLister is 15 days.

You can change to any Level at any time as your business grows (not sure if this is true during the free 6 months trial offer).  Paying the appropriate Level fee, per month of use.

Your listings/description information is stored on your computer - as it was with Turbo Lister. Same for WonderLister.

Selling Accounts - Two.  For WonderLister this is Silver Level at $25 per month.

Import and Export your listings/descriptions.  For WonderLister - EXPORTING - is Silver Level at $25 per month.

"CSV Export" (as listed on the WonderLister website) - The two lower options, $5 a month or $10 a month, don't seem to let you CSV Export !

Max number of active listings - No Limit.  For WonderLister at Beginner Level, $5 a month, the Max number of Active listings is - 500.  For more listings the price goes up - $10 / 1000 and $25 / 2500.

Here is what I don't like about Sixbit - Turbo Lister Edition (and Like about WonderLister)

Sixbit - No bulk editing !  For Wonderlister this options is even included in the Beginner Level at $5 per month.

Sixbit - Home and Hobby Edition - $19.99 per month

For $5 more a month (compared to the Turbo Lister Edition), you get a few upgrades:

Bulk editing ("Batch Change Item Data").

"Custom Fields" - For WonderLister this is Silver Level at $25 per month.

"Description Wrappers" and "Managed Sales" - not sure Exactly how these options actually perform.  Corresponding text/description is not listed on the WonderLister chart.

WonderLister also has text/description that do not correspond with the Sixbit chart, such as "All necessary listing features".

Deciding Factors ?

For me, having not currently used either Sixbit or WonderLister, and only going by the information in the charts and the email from Sixbit - for the features & price - Sixbit is the better deal.

To get similar features from Wonderlister, the per month price is $25.  (For example - Exporting, Two Selling Accounts, Custom Fields, and depending on how many Active listings you need - "Max number of Active listings $5/500, $10/1000, $25/2500").

With that being said, you do get a lot from WonderLister for $5 a month.  Going by WonderLister's chart - it seems that they match all of the comparable options I currently use with TurboLister.  Except Exporting.

The choice depends on what your personal needs are currently and maybe more important, going forward into the future.  For me, I want to invest my time in only learning one new Alternative program - long term, for me, the best fit seems to be Sixbit (it helps to know they have been around for awhile and seem to have a partnership with ebay - and if I were to make a prediction - I think ebay will buy Sixbit in the future (better integration ???).  But, as Turbo Lister has shown, this could actually be a major negative for a lot of users.

Sixbit Email Responses

Sixbits has been very responsive to me emails.  And the responses have actually answered my questions.  Below is a copied email to/from Sixbits.  Additionally, Sixbit has answered Seller questions on the ebay forums.  WonderLister has not done this to my knowledge - why this is, I don't know.  Maybe ebay does not let WonderLister post on the the ebay forums ???

Copied Email

"As for your bulleted questions;

a. Max number of active listings

None of our subscription levels have any listing limits. You are free to list as much as you want or need, and have as many items as you want as well.

b. Listing Templates included

No listings templates are included, however, you can easily make templates using an existing item, or entirely from scratch. This is available on both Turbo Lister Edition and Home & Hobby.

c. Bulk editing

Bulk editing Items is available in Home & Hobby, whereas you can only bulk edit Running [I believe "Running" means "Active" listings] Listings with the Turbo Lister Edition. You are able to send the changes you've made in bulk to the items from the [I believe Sixbits means the Active ebay Listings to the Sixbit stored Items ?] listings, but that means that your Listings and Items will be synchronized.

d. Folders

Folders are available in both Turbo Lister Edition and Home & Hobby in SixBit.

e. Customize User Interface

You can customize your UI in both Turbo Lister Edition and Home & Hobby in SixBit.

f. Can I use my own HTML in descriptions. I currently use my own HTML in Turbo Lister. ebay seller Hardrockpinstore.

You can use your own HTML in SixBit on both Turbo Lister Edition and Home & Hobby.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need any other help."

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@hardrockpinstore 

Thank you for putting together this helpful comparison.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You are right, eBay never invited anyone from Wonder Lister to come to the boards for questions and answers. I wish they had done so as now I have signed up with WL some of my questions seem to be ones that only someone with a good technical knowledge of WL could answer. Their CS dept does answer quickly but I’m not always sure how much they really know about actually using WL. Anyway, for the price they charge ($5US per month) I am struggling through the learning minefield.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@msmaggie060 

Thank you for your reply.  You had mentioned - "Their CS dept does answer quickly but I’m not always sure how much they really know about actually using WL."

Do you mean Ebay's customer service or WL's customer service doesn't know about using WL ?  Could you share a little more detail as I am trying to decide which Alternative to use.

I do find it interesting that Wonder Lister, or for that matter, any of the other Listing tools don't respond on the ebay forums.  Are they not allow - maybe some at ebay will reply ? 

I've personally only seen Sixbit replies on the forums.  Furthering my belief that there is some relationship  between Sixbit and ebay (for good or bad).  And that relationship is something I am considering when choosing an Alternative. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

For many sellers, the need for a listing tool could become unnecessary, as of August 1st... with the increased free monthly listings, that may be sufficient to avoid paying for a listing tool.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@hardrocpinstore

Hi, I was referring to WL, they answer questions pretty fast, sometimes within minutes. However, I think a lot of times they are reading from scripts. I have had some very in-depth answers from a few people who really seem to understand my questions. I’ve found the best way is to ask in bullet form as in question 1, question 2, etc. I do wish they took phone calls though. Some things I’m still confused about though although revising and listing is easy. Similar to TL in many ways.

I transferred about 1300 items from TL to WL, took only a couple of minutes. I still have another 600+ items on another ID so may just use the hub for them. If I had time (I really don’t, it’s SUMMER!) I would upload those to SixBit and give it a try too.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I use SixBit and can only speak for what I've used. SixBit looks like it checks all the boxes you mentioned, including bulk editing that you listed as a concern. It looks to me like batch edit part of the lower subscription options but I'm honestly not 100% positive. If it's not, remember that you have the option to change your subscription level along the way and upgrade or downgrade as needed. 

As for customer service, SixBit has been very responsive and helpful when I've needed then, even going above and beyond when I needed more help.

https://ebaylistingtoolreview.weebly.com/

VintageCarMagazines

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for doing this comparison.  I"m going to take advantage of the free 6 month trial for six bit, but I use ebay to support my hobby, maybe selling $50 or less per month.  Yet I have over 1,000 listings saved in bulk.  Something's gotta give!  It looks like it will be cost-prohibitive except MAYBE for wonder lister.  Ebay is discouraging sellers on  one hand and "giving" free listings on the other.  Maybe the six bit turbolister conversion will help with this forced change.  Thanks for all the extra work, ebay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply