cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with tax jar since ebay went managed payments

I can't seem to get the information into tax jar since managed payments was added. Before managed payments , tax jar intergrated with pay pal and ebay. I can't get the tax collected amount into tax jar. This CSV is unable to successfully upload because of formatting issues. Is what I get from tax jar everytime I try to upload a spreadsheet. I'm about ready to just cancel my tax jar account, as I have been paying for it and getting nothing, ever since the managed payment change over. Does anyone know of a system like tax jar that works with ebay now. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Trouble with tax jar since ebay went managed payments

@pink_slippers!  I believe Tax Jar has a direct integration where they can pull your eBay orders in automatically, no spreadsheet needed. I've used it before with an account in managed payments and it did work to pull those sales in.

https://support.taxjar.com/article/488-how-do-i-connect-my-ebay-account-to-taxjar

One thing to consider though is now that eBay has to collect the sales tax for most states due to marketplace facilitator laws, there may not be any tax for you to collect or remit directly.

You'll want to check with your state department of revenue and a tax professional on this (some states still require you to file even if it's a $0 return), but if you only sell through eBay/other marketplaces and do not have your own website or brick and mortar location, you may not need Tax Jar any more.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply