cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son of Turbo Lister coming real soon now?

I understood that eBay would roll out its Turbo Lister replacement in April. We're approaching the midpoint of April now, and I don't see any such thing in seller news. Am I missing something? Or is eBay missing something?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Where did you read that? I believe they want us to use the Seller Hub, which was rolled out a while ago.

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

I read that in an early comment on the announcement that Turbo Lister would be killed. I don't think it was an official statement, but it's been on the forum for months now and no one has contradicted it.

I've seen a lot of negative comment about Seller Hub, but I haven't tried it myself. As far as I'm concerned a web application is a non-starter for this type of work. If eBay is actually going to kill Turbo Lister and not replace it, I guess I'll be paying for third party software soon.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Yes, TL is going away. I was referring to your comment about a replacement. That would be Seller Hub, not a new software package.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

I can't believe that they are going to replace TL.  My entire inventory of over 2000 books is in TL.  What would I do?

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Thank-you for bringing this up.  I just sat down to write the community about this topic.  I really need the ability to keep my ended listings stored on my harddrive.  It is common for me to source an identical item that I sold more than 60 days ago.  Also, I travel often and it would be nice to work on listings offline. 

Yes, I use seller hub, but there is no such functionality and I am not optimistic that it is even in the works.  My sales are not enough to justify yet another subscription fee for a third party software (the reviews have not been great either).

I would just like to stimulate a discussion on what the community is thinking about this topic.

Thanks,

DJ

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

My thoughts: if no offline listing tools were available I would probably stop selling, because the process would become too difficult to be feasible.

I too would like to be able to work in places where I don't have network access. (In my case I have a lot of free time in a living space that is not blessed with WiFi.) And the UIs of web applications as a class are less refined and less responsive than a good local application. For a complex operation like preparing an eBay listing, using a web application would resemble doing brain surgery while wearing oven mitts.

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

The following is the statement that has been posted for some time.

"We are no longer offering downloads of Turbo Lister. Everything you need will soon be available in Seller Hub. Click here to learn more about our selling tools. If you find you need help, please contact Customer Service."

I have been using Turbo to store unsold listings and pulling the ones I needed to relist. I don't know what happened but as I was working Turbo 2 weeks ago I received a POPUP telling me to synch with eBay. I was stupid and tried it. Now ALL of my 1300 saved Turbo items are gone.
Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Be very careful! I just lost 1300 items after responding to instructions telling me I needed to synch with eBay. I knew better but tried anyway.

All of my Turbo file are empty. I was using Turbo as a storage until I relisted.
Message 9 of 57
latest reply

I just rechecked and don't know if this is actually operating but eBay certainly makes it sound as it is in full swing. Here is what they are now saying.

"eBay Seller Hub
Seller Hub gives you an easy way to build and run your eBay business. Suited for professional sellers currently using My eBay Selling, Selling Manager, or Selling Manager Pro, Seller Hub puts all your listing and marketing tools—along with insights and selling recommendations—into one place. Inventory volume: All Technical Difficulty: Easy
Try it now"
Message 10 of 57
latest reply

I thinkSeller Hub is suppossed to be working but don't know for sure. I just found the following info.

"eBay Seller Hub

Seller Hub gives you an easy way to build and run your eBay business. Suited for professional sellers currently using My eBay Selling, Selling Manager, or Selling Manager Pro, Seller Hub puts all your listing and marketing tools—along with insights and selling recommendations—into one place. Inventory volume: All Technical Difficulty: Easy

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

Sellers Hub is running but just what they are running with I don't know. I could not find a single hint that made me think could utilize Sellers Hub as I did Turbo. 

It seemed the entire site is geared toward one thing....This:  "Understand your business performance"

Some good info and perhaps I'm wrong but I see NOTHING that will help me achieve what I was able to do on Turbo. Which was bascially organizing all my sold, unsold and current listing without worrying they would be deleted by eBay after a certain period of time. 

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Correct.  Seller Hub works great and I use it everyday.  I see no reason not to switch.  The problem is that so far, Seller Hub does nothing to replace the Turbo Lister 2 offline functionality.

Thanks for the heads-up on the sync trap.  I guess you can only avoid syncing for so long before it becomes self-defeating.  I wish I were more optimistic, but it's been really discouraging news for sellers lately...

Regards,

DJ

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

junkonhill786

Don't know if this will work for you, but have you tried the following to get back your listings:

Open up Turbo Lister - go to tools>options>advanced options>synchronization options>reset
Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Forgot to add:

Then on the main page hit Synchronize.

Good Luck
Message 15 of 57
latest reply