cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong with new listings? See them in Active listings but can't search and 0 views in days

Something strange is going on and I'm wondering if anyone has this same issue. The past 3 days, any listings I put up are completely invisible to the eBay searches. I've had 0 views on all of them (I typically AT LEAST get 5 views within a few hours). Here's what I tested so far:

1. In Active listings, new listings show up as expected. However when I use the search function on my Active listings page, using "Item title contains" and entering a word from the title of my listing, it does not show up. I deleted and relisted 5 items this past hour (that I first listed a few days ago) and they're all having the same issue.

2. I searched eBay using the item ID of the listing, no results. This alone tells me something is wrong here. This is for a listing that was put up days ago.

3. Searching the exact item title, no results.

Has anyone experienced this and can tell me what they did to fix it? Sorry I want to keep this account separate from my selling account so I can't list and example on here.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Something wrong with new listings? See them in Active listings but can't search and 0 views in days

When the listing was created, have you excluded your own country (domestic shipping country) from the eligible list? If so, the listings will not show. If you are using the US eBay site, try searching the item from https://www.ebay.co.uk/ site. i hope if works.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Please post an item number of one of your current listings that has not been revised in the last 24 hours.

New listings can take up to 24 hours to be indexed and appear in search; if you revise a listing before it is indexed it goes to the back of the line.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I unfortunately removed the listing and relisted it again a bit ago. But as I said in my first post, it had been listed for more than 3 days and it was still unsearchable. There's something definitely going on here. I have been listing on eBay since 2004 and haven't had this issue. Typically it shows no longer than 15 minutes after submitting the listing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

But as I said in my first post, it had been listed for more than 3 days and it was still unsearchable.

Accounts that have not had previous (or recent) sales can cause listing delays. Listing in a high risk category can cause delays as well.

It is possible to list and revise and keep pushing back the indexing with each revision.

Is it possible you were searching the wrong category? Using "Lowest First" sort order?

Using "Time away"?

If you are using a posting ID, then without an actual item number to work with there is not much anyone else can do but speculate about possible issues.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply