cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some photos corrupted when uploaded from new Iphone 13 to Mac Mini Big sure 11.7.4 then to Ebay

I have uploaded thousands of pictures (JPGs) from my old Iphone 6S to my mac mini and then to ebay. I got the new phone a week or so ago and about 2 out of 10 photos is corrupted once it gets into a listing draft. The pics are fine while on the Mac.   I realize I am not useing the latest update for the mac buy why would this happen?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some photos corrupted when uploaded from new Iphone 13 to Mac Mini Big sure 11.7.4 then to Ebay

@tobiasness 

Your new phone might save as HEIC, whereas the old phone saved JPG. Try to set your phone to export JPG instead of HEIC and be sure to select a smaller image size. You won't need anything larger than a 4MP image size for eBay (roughly 2400 x 1800 ). eBay has recently added HEIC to the formats it understands, but it may not be 100% compatible.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Delete the affected pics off your listings and try to reload them.  It may have been something that happened during the original upload process.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also try another browser.  If you're using Safari, try downloading Chrome or Firefox, and see if the same thing happens there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@tobiasness 

Your new phone might save as HEIC, whereas the old phone saved JPG. Try to set your phone to export JPG instead of HEIC and be sure to select a smaller image size. You won't need anything larger than a 4MP image size for eBay (roughly 2400 x 1800 ). eBay has recently added HEIC to the formats it understands, but it may not be 100% compatible.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes thank you, I finally figured it out. Oddly only a few were not automaticaly converted to JPEg, and I have to use a cable to do it. After a week or two all the photos were converted automatically, I guess the new phone had to get used to it!

Toby

Message 5 of 5
latest reply