cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Offers to Multiple Watchers

Why does the system send an offer to only 1 watcher when there are 10 watchers shown? This happens to me repeatedly. I'm sure that I am losing sales because I can only an offer to 1 person instead of ALL of the watchers.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't know if it is all that are not getting the offers, but some may have the option set to not recieve offers from sellers. At least, last time I checked settings that was still an option/setting.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I understand that. However, this is happening on all the items I want to send the offers on. I don't think that everyone has turned off the option to receive offers. Case in point - I have a pair of shorts with 10 watchers. Repeatedly, I have tried to send offers only to have the same person receive the offer time and again without any of the others receiving the offer.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

However, this is happening on all the items I want to send the offers on. I don't think that everyone has turned off the option to receive offers.

Perhaps those other watchers have already received offers from you.

Case in point - I have a pair of shorts with 10 watchers. Repeatedly, I have tried to send offers only to have the same person receive the offer time and again without any of the others receiving the offer.

How do you know that the same person is receiving those offers each time?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What I have read is the same watcher does not get the "offer" again. Only the new watchers get it when you send again.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As previously stated, this happens repeatedly and has done so for a year.  I've had some of the watchers contact me directly, either to ask that I stop sending the offers(I tell them I don't know who is receiving them when I send them out) or to ask for/make an offer lower than what I sent.  Also, like I said, all of the watchers on all of the items, can't possibly have offers from Sellers "turned off."

Basically, I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if there is a glitch in the system. If indeed there is a glitch, I want it brought to eBay's attention so that it can be fixed. 

Of the last 100 offers that I sent, only 3 of them went to multiple people and, that was never more than 2 of the watchers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Of the last 100 offers that I sent, only 3 of them went to multiple people and, that was never more than 2 of the watchers.

If you are sending out offers at every possible opportunity -- that is, every time a new eligible user watches one of your items -- then it makes sense that most of your offers would go to individual users. The only time you would sent an offer to multiple users would be if multiple qualified users watched the same item and became eligible for the same offer in the brief period since the last offer went out.

If you waited longer between making offers, you would likely see an increase in the number offers going to multiple users, but that would not actually increase in the total number of users getting offers.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply