cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seaching shipping label by buyer ID no longer works

For about the last week or so I have had reason to do a shipping label search by dropping the buyers ID in the search box as instructed and hit enter and presto it lies and say "We were unable to find any records matching your search.".    Now I know it is there, I know it is supposed to bring it up, and I know it is ebay.....guess I will have to dig I out of the archives...if it still works....

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

On what page are you searching @quicksilverdiecast ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

shipping label search by dropping the buyers ID in the search box, there is only one shipping labels section that records each shipped item/buyer id/tracking number/etc....that has a search where you can paste the buyer id/tracking number or item title...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Your first post mentioned searching by buyer ID.

You can do that on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Or you can do it on this page if you paid using eBay funds:

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

That said, I assume you are referring to the first link. I was able to duplicate the issue. No results searching by buyer ID. Searching by order # works so that might be your best bet. Searching by tracking number also works.

I suggest reporting the error using the "tell us what you think" link on the top right of the page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not sure if you noticed @quicksilverdiecast but eBay eliminated the term "buyer id" from the search box. So I guess that means they removed the capability to search by buyer id on the label page.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Appears we can only search by order # and tracking # now.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Mine still shows enter buyer ID and I have tried even using a tracking # and still zip, I have to go track it down in the archives to find......and is another case of contradiction on ebays part...you create a "search" tool to do what? To find a buyers order, common sense prevailed so that in order to search for a buyers transaction one would assume you would place that sellers ID in the search block? I don't know maybe I am crazy..., and in the beginning you did just that....and now dropping the buyers ID in to find His transaction cannot be done.

There is a reason one should create a tool and fully test it and all aspects it may disrupt, rather than tossing it against the wall and hope it sticks....and then make changes to fix it (not a bad thing) but not everyone knows to check the "notices" ebay posts in regards to it, half the time one is not sure if it is a problem on his side or if it is an ebay problem to start with. And in that same vein if one would set down to read ALL the numerous notices, one would get nothing done, and most likely still be confused.

Respectfully the term "You" is not directed at wastingtime responder.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply