cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDER DETAILS Cannot change the printer friendly page to vertical or change the printer to landscape

Cannot change the order details printer friendly page to vertical or change the printer to landscape.  I tried control P, I tried control shift P and changed my printer to landscape but it still came out wrong.  Same issue printing to pdf.  This use to work fine.

today0_0-1641648148704.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ORDER DETAILS Cannot change the printer friendly page to vertical or change the printer to landscape

@today0 

You might try clearing cookies, temp internet file, cache, browsing history, shut down, restart and try again.

You might try printing from the browser pull down  Print menu (File)

If the label loads to your desk top as a PDF there is an option to change the page orientation

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@today0 

You might try clearing cookies, temp internet file, cache, browsing history, shut down, restart and try again.

You might try printing from the browser pull down  Print menu (File)

If the label loads to your desk top as a PDF there is an option to change the page orientation

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@today0 wrote:

Cannot change the order details printer friendly page to vertical or change the printer to landscape.  I tried control P, I tried control shift P and changed my printer to landscape but it still came out wrong.  Same issue printing to pdf.  This use to work fine.

today0_0-1641648148704.png

That was a known issue until recently @today0 when the tech team was able to get it fixed a little over a week ago. Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies or another browser? If none of that works, please let me know and I'll get a new ticket started. In the meantime, you could try @mr_lincoln's suggestions as a work around. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

velvet@ebay   This problem is back today.  I cleared all the data twice and restarted the computer once.  No change.  It shows it as portrait but the data is cut off the right side.  I printed it and it did chop off the right side.  Then, I printed it to pdf, it looked a little strange but it did print from the pdf to my printer.  By strange, I mean the left margins are completely against the edge, (last picture).

today0_0-1642347827419.png

today0_1-1642347841523.png

today0_2-1642347853364.png

today0_3-1642348188101.png

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@today0 wrote:

velvet@ebay   This problem is back today.  I cleared all the data twice and restarted the computer once.  No change.  It shows it as portrait but the data is cut off the right side.  I printed it and it did chop off the right side.  Then, I printed it to pdf, it looked a little strange but it did print from the pdf to my printer.  By strange, I mean the left margins are completely against the edge, (last picture).

today0_0-1642347827419.png

today0_1-1642347841523.png

today0_2-1642347853364.png

today0_3-1642348188101.png

Oh shoot! I'm sorry to hear this @today0. I'm glad you found a work around for now but I'll get a new ticket going. Do you mind sharing an item number with me? I tried to search your Orders section by Bostitch to locate the sale to provide in the ticket but couldn't find it in this account at least. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Bostitch EHF1838K 18 Gauge Flooring Stapler
Order number: 16-08137-60660

Item ID: 373852915412

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Have the same problem, three accounts and printing results differ for all, or at least two. One or two don't allow landscape, one prints some mumbo jumbo text below the label then a second page with just a line of mumbo jumbo and one puts the label against the paper edge. I scale them to 60-70% and choose 5x7, one comes out half the size of the other two. Keep meaning to put little notes for each account taped to printer. Can't get a clear handle on it since Canon quit supporting wireless software and plugging into USB just prints blank pages. Had to revert back to original non wireless printer and then laptop crapped out so now there's a new variable in the mix. Oh, and can no longer print from mobile as back up thanks to Canon. So annoying........Good luck on a solution!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@today0 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Bostitch EHF1838K 18 Gauge Flooring Stapler
Order number: 16-08137-60660

Item ID: 373852915412

Perfect, thank you @today0! I've submitted the ticket to the tech team. 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi @today0! I've heard back from the tech team. They said this was worked on in December and depending on the browser you're using, the experience can vary. I'll include what they provided below and if you're experience is different for the browser you're using, please follow-up with what that browser is and I'll get back to the tech team. 

Chrome and Edge browsers show Portrait orientation for printer friendly and Landscape for Tax Invoice.

Safari and Firefox will show the user's default settings. (for ex:- If the user did portrait print before it will show the page in portrait but It will show both landscape and portrait options. So user can easily change it here itself.

There are a number of printer options and number of print paper sizes. Our printer friendly and tax invoice print page will best fit for A4 portrait or A4 landscape sizes. It won't fit for all the sizes.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have the same problem, and what's most frustrating is that for a split second while the 'print' dialogue box is loading it will show the drop down menu for page orientation and then disappear! (I use Chrome and Opera usually).

Please enable what is a basic printing option again. No other programme or website would actively prevent someone selecting this.

Personally I loathe printing out invoices portrait as it makes the address I need to copy onto the packaging tiny. Unfortunately if I screenshot instead and copy it into another programme to print it in landscape the resolution and quality is vastly reduced, or I have to save as a pdf and overscale it before printing - but it shouldn't be this complicated.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply