cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool

I just started the new listing tool tonite and nothing but trouble.  I sell vintage costume jewelry and find that I can't get a listing going because the supervisor that handled the trouble said that I needed to fill out more info about a pair of rhinestone earrings.  Like the stuff a jeweler would know about fine jewelry.  Like cut clarity mostly pertaining to fine jewelry.   Worked for about two hours with no luck.  Not a happy camper.  I have been selling on Ebay for 21 years and this is a problem.  Hope they get this fixed in a hurry.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

New Listing Tool

@happy163 

I suggest you to using the old listing tool till ebay fix the new listing format.

if you want to get back the old listing page, go to the following link:

Ebay Old Listing Format 

Good Luck.

("Winter Is Coming")

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

New Listing Tool

@happy163 

I suggest you to using the old listing tool till ebay fix the new listing format.

if you want to get back the old listing page, go to the following link:

Ebay Old Listing Format 

Good Luck.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

Hello,

Thanks for the link to the old listing tool format.  I really feel that eBay sells a lot of  costume jewelry and it should have it own category.  It is not the same as fine jewelry and really needs most of the details removed because it does not pertain to this type of jewelry.  Please research about what vintage costume jewelry is and consider a separate category under jewelry and watches.

Thank you

Susan happy163

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

Thank you so much for this link.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

That's eBay for sure. One size fits all mentality and programming..... Except that had never been true and never has worked out. Pretty much nothing but complaints from everyone  on the new listing tool. We will just have to hang  in there until someone decides that sellers are worth it. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

People keep saying we suggest we use the old tool for listing. That is not an option for myself. This new tool makes it much harder for sellers who list hundreds of items daily. yes it is more beneficial for sellers that post just one or two times a day BUT not for the bulk lister. I wish eBay would leave things alone that are not broken and work on fixing issues that are currently broken. I have a list of more than 10 items that need to be fixed but when they are reported its like crickets chirp. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

Thank you for providing this link; it is much appreciated.

While I wanted to give the new listing tool the benefit of the doubt and figuring it would just take getting used to it, it quickly became apparent that wasn't the case. With the old tool, everything sequenced perfectly. Having the "add photos" feature as the topmost item is just cumbersome and poor design. And it probably takes me 3x as long to add my store category, and even longer if I want to add a second store category (which I often do). The ability to add video is irrelevant for the material I sell.

If you like the new tool and it works for you, great. But if you're like me and prefer the old listing tool, let's hope eBay keeps it available.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

@fastgraph You make an excellent point- one that has been mirrored in comments for over 18 months now without any change significant to the tool.- "With the old tool, everything sequenced perfectly. Having the "add photos" feature as the topmost item is just cumbersome and poor design."

To be fair- they have made quite a few improvements... but at its core- the overly mobile only design does not format or translate to a desktop experience at all, causing extensive and burdensome extra clicking, annoying popups and a general slowdown of the listing process to the point of limiting growth on the platform!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

@happy163 
Have you chosen the correct category? The "Fine jewelry" category would require all those jeweler's details. If you are selling rhinestone jewelry, the "Fashion jewelry" category is a lot simpler, and that category also has "vintage" and "era" item specifics.

The "Vintage and Antique" category that you are using has to accommodate both Fine and Fashion, so there are too many choices, and selecting NA just fills your specs with useless data.  Instead of NA, skip all the details that do not apply (unless faced with a required item specific).

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

Well, unfortunately it was just a matter of time before eBay converted the link provided so it uses the new listing tool.

Does anybody have another way to access the old listing tool? The new tool may be better suited for mobile devices, but for those of us who create listings from a desktop/laptop, the new listing tool is so much more cumbersome than the former tool, which worked great. The new tool is new, but it is not new and improved in my opinion.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

@fastgraph 

Just keep providing specific feedback at the top of the new tool. eBay will get the idea if there are enough complaints addressing specific issues with the tool. It has already improved considerably since it was first introduced.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

New Listing Tool

Try MyListerHub. It's a new user-friendly AI-powered tool to list, boost, and sell your products on eBay. It lets you automate eBay's listings cycle and manage your orders, offers, campaigns, customers, shipping, and communications.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply