cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchant Integration Platform Processing Error: Add Part Type

I am getting an error that states:

"21919303 The item specific Part Type is missing. Add Part Type to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again."

The spreadsheet that I am uploading includes the "part type", so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Links are screenshots of the error and all the data in the upload file. 

Error

Data

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@biketubes 

I haven't used MIP, but it appears that the product creation spreadsheet uses Name/Value pairs to state Item Specifics. 

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/user-guides/static/mip-user-guide-landing.html 

So, from this spreadsheet example, it would appear that you must provide your Item Specifics as values in the Attribute pairs, rather than in the headings:

Attribute Name 1Attribute Value 1Attribute Name 2Attribute Value 2
BrandUnbrandedPart TypeTube

Your bicycle tube requires two Item Specifics (Brand, Part Type), but there are more recommended specifics, such as Wheel Size, Valve Type, Tube Size, etc. These can be seen on eBay's listing form when manually creating a listing, and a listing should include as many as relevant for best search results.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@biketubes 

I haven't used MIP, but it appears that the product creation spreadsheet uses Name/Value pairs to state Item Specifics. 

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/user-guides/static/mip-user-guide-landing.html 

So, from this spreadsheet example, it would appear that you must provide your Item Specifics as values in the Attribute pairs, rather than in the headings:

Attribute Name 1Attribute Value 1Attribute Name 2Attribute Value 2
BrandUnbrandedPart TypeTube

Your bicycle tube requires two Item Specifics (Brand, Part Type), but there are more recommended specifics, such as Wheel Size, Valve Type, Tube Size, etc. These can be seen on eBay's listing form when manually creating a listing, and a listing should include as many as relevant for best search results.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That was it! Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply