cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to dwonload items and specifics from ebay to an Xcel file?

Rather than create new files from scratch. I have about 700 listings and am looking for a way to get that information into a spreadsheet or something similar.

Thanks, Paul.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have been looking to do something similar.  I want to save all my listings on my computer as a backup.  If I want to end my listings for a few months I want to be able to relist them by just uploading a single file into eBay.  It takes a lot of effort to create listings.

I want to list 250 items for six months and then take them down and put up a different 250 items for six months and then reload the first 250 items at a later time.  Is there a download/upload that can do this?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@pbmexpressusa 

Seller Hub supports uploading a spreadsheet to create new listings.

However, none of the available Seller Hub downloads from eBay will capture photos, item specifics, or description, and a few other particulars are also missing. 

Most sellers have turned to third party tools, like SixBit, to archive listings to the desktop.

Additionally, eBay will keep photos for only 90 days after a listing ends, and there is no way to upload a photo through a spreadsheet. Instead, the spreadsheet can upload the URL of a photo that is already online.

@stephenmorgan 

One solution to rotating visible inventory is to use the Out-of-stock control to hide listings for 6 months. However, you would still incur any insertion fees during that period. Then when they end, or are manually ended, you would still have up to 90 days to relist the ended items.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I had played with the Seller Hub Downloads a little.  The information downloaded is tied to a Listing Number so I am not sure that I could remove the Listing Numbers and upload the remaining information to create new listings?  I may have to rotate the listings every 89 days this way eBay would still have the information.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

...The information downloaded is tied to a Listing Number so I am not sure that I could remove the Listing Numbers and upload the remaining information to create new listings?

@stephenmorgan 

You could certainly remove Item Numbers, but the downloads do not include all the info required for creating a full listing, and therein lies the problem.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hey there! I've noticed that sellers often face challenges when searching their watchlist, and it's inspired me to think about solving more of these issues. As a web developer, I'm excited about the opportunity to help. 

How would you feel about the idea of using a browser extension to solve these issues?For example by adding this extension to your browser, you can download listed items as Excel files and perhaps even more.
If you have any thoughts or ideas, please feel free to share them through this form. Your input would be highly appreciated! 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@laban-2786 

A browser extension would allow downloading only a single listing at a time by scraping each eBay listing page and also its embedded iframe page. Sellers who want to archive typically want to capture hundreds or thousands of listings. Page scraping might work for a handful of listings, but any automated method for capturing pages is going to encounter eBay's blockade against bot scraping -- the now infamous: "As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot."

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@shipscript Thank for the reply.
I was thinking about consuming exposed APIs. Consuming APIs is not against any guidelines, as they are exposed for developers to consume for those specific requirements. I just need to see if they have provided APIs for these specific requirements. However, thanks for the warning. I didn't know that.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply