cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so confused about using eBay discounts on multiple purchases ???

OK,  worst selling season I've experienced in 21 years on eBay.  Trying to figure out how sellers offer the 5% for 2; 10% for 3 and 15% on 4 items.  I thought this was what volume pricing was and why it is set up to offer these in the listing template.  So I changed all of my listings, but it's not showing up.  I have called eBay twice on this and they seem not to understand what I am talking about.  One said it took 24 hours to see, another said the pricing was good only if you had multiple items of the same thing.  But I know this is not true because I buy books on here (for pleasure) and most of the book sellers have it set up where I can buy 3 different books and get their maximum discount.  So, what am I doing wrong and how do I set up my listings to reflect these discounts?

Help!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@iowafiveanddime 

I know exactly what you are talking about!  What support said is right ... the one you set up in the listing template is just for volume pricing off multiple quantities of EACH item.  I believe every seller has the ability to do this.

However, If you want the volume pricing to apply to a group of items (e.g. like the books you mention), you need to have a store (which you do) and create a volume pricing promotion:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard? 

It will let you describe the items that fall into a group for volume pricing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

OK, that page is clear as mud to me, I have no idea how to do that.  I am not smart about these things and I see no steps to complete what it is I'm wanting to do.

All I am seeing is this:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard?

But where do I start, are there steps somewhere I can follow?

Please help.

Thanks for what you did offer.  Pam

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@iowafiveanddime 

This is what the eBay help says:

Offering volume pricing discounts

Volume pricing lets you offer discounts to buyers who order multiple quantities of the same listings.

Here’s how to set up volume pricing:

1. In Seller Hub, select Promotions from the Marketing tab.  (It's more direct to do it from promotions manager link https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard?)
  2. Select Create a Promotion, and then choose Volume Pricing.
  3. Name your promotion, choose your pricing tiers, and select Add Inventory.
  4. You can then select up to 500 individual items or copy and paste up to 500 item IDs or SKUs. (You can also create category rules with price filters, item condition filters, or brand filters or exclude up to 100 items, SKUs, or categories.)
  5. When you’ve finished, select Save and review to return to the main screen.
  6. You can edit your inventory by selecting Add or remove rules, save your promotion for later by selecting Save a draft, or choose the date range for when it will be active and then select Launch.

You can create percentage-tiered discounts that your buyers will see in your listing. For example: Buy one T-shirt at full price, buy two T-shirts and save 5%, buy three T-shirts and save 10%, buy four or more T-shirts and save 15%.

Here are some notes I added and some crude screen shots!

1) At the top right of the promotion manager dashboard, select volume pricing under the blue Create a Promotion button.

whitewaterford_0-1630181305760.png

2) You'll see the following screen next and you can fill in as follows:

whitewaterford_1-1630181481362.png

a) Offer Name .... whatever makes sense to you

b) Pricing Tiers ... keep as is or change the percentages to whatever makes sense for your product

c) Date Range ... leave alone or change the dates

d) Add Inventory ... click on the link to specify what items qualify and you'll see this screen.  I normally select Create Rules.  From there you can select what categories you want to qualify.

whitewaterford_2-1630182000489.png

After you select one or more categories, you'll see a page like this where you can limit the price range (if you want).  If you do add a price range, be sure to click on the >> button so that it applies the filter. Then click Save & Review at the bottom.

whitewaterford_3-1630182276167.png

That should bring you back to where you were in the "set tier pricing" screen.  Assuming your dates are what you want, you can then choose LAUNCH if you are ready, or SAVE for LATER if you aren't quite ready to invoke yet and may come back later to LAUNCH.

Good luck and happy discounting!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply