cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileExchange Suddenly giving BAF.Error.7: PaisaPayAccepted||CashOnPickup

Anyone else having issues with FileExchange today?

All of my items are rejected with this error:

Status ErrorCode ErrorMessage
Failure BAF.Error.7|BAF.Error.7 PaisaPayAccepted||CashOnPickup

I tried a file that worked a few days ago, so it's not a formatting issue.  This is on the US site, so not sure why it would even be mentioning PaisaPay, which is only available in India AFAIK.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think there must be some changes that happened the fileexchange schema this week, or how Ebay is parsing it.

I was using a large template with a lot of unused fields, I changed it to a minimal template with only the fields I needed and was able to get that to work.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@cardcow 

Yes, it is odd that you are getting a reponse with a code for India.

eBay is migrating File Exchange to Seller Hub, so there may be something going on at the source.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/seller-hub-reports?id=4096

If you continue to encounter problems, contact the Advanced Apps team at:

turbodata@ebay.com

For security reasons, send email from your eBay-registered email account.

Include your upload# and/or response file#.

But, you may want to check these things first.

Make sure your Action metadata field says something like... Action(SiteID=US|Country=US|Currency=USD)

The template version may also become more important in the future, so if you have a version, include it in the metadata (like Version=941).

If you are programmatically uploading your data, you probably received a letter from eBay to change your endpoint and add a different oauth script.

Some fields that may be involved:

CashOnPickup is a valid header with a 1 or 0 (true or false) value.

PayPalAccepted is a valid header with a 1 or 0 (true or false) value, but this field would be omitted if using Managed Payments.

ImmediatePayRequired is a valid header with a 1 or 0 (true or false) value, but requires PayPalAccepted to be set as well. With Managed Payments, the PayPal dependency should be ignored or dropped by the system (we hope), but have seen some issues on the manual listing forms.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think there must be some changes that happened the fileexchange schema this week, or how Ebay is parsing it.

I was using a large template with a lot of unused fields, I changed it to a minimal template with only the fields I needed and was able to get that to work.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I did also hear back from Ebay support, and this does confirm the fix.  They say:

Does your file have any blank columns? If so, delete the blank columns and then try uploading the file again. That has seemed to work for other users. Let us know if the error persists.

So using the bare minimum of columns that you need seems to be a good approach in any case.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cardcow,

Thanks for posting, I'm glad to hear you were able to get that file worked out already.

I would like to expand on the reply you got earlier, in case you run into it in subsequent uploads:

• Remove all blank columns from the file, including any that came in a template.
  • If you are using ImmediatePayRequired=1, and are not enrolled in Managed Payments, ensure your file has both PayPalAccepted and PayPalEmailAddress filled out.
  • If you are using ImmediatePayRequired=1, and are enrolled in Managed Payments, add this data to your file
    • Header: AutoPay
    • Value: true

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

cc: @shipscript 

I too am encountering an error that reads: BAF.Error.7 In fact, here is download I get back from ebay in its' entirety:

Line Number,Action,Status,ErrorCode,ErrorMessage,WarningCode,WarningMessage,Code,Message,ItemID,ReferenceID,ApplicationData,StartTime,EndTime,AuctionLengthFee,BoldFee,BorderFee,BuyItNowFee,CategoryFeaturedFee,CurrencyID,FeaturedFee,FeaturedGalleryFee,FixedPriceDurationFee,GalleryFee,GiftIconFee,HighlightFee,InsertionFee,InternationalInsertionFee,ListingDesignerFee,ListingFee,PhotoDisplayFee,PhotoFee,ProPackBundleFee,ReserveFee,SchedulingFee,SubtitleFee,CustomLabel,PrivateNotes,BasicUpgradePackBundleFee,ValuePackBundleFee,ProPackPlusBundleFee,SellerInventoryID,CrossBorderTradeNorthAmericaFee,CrossBorderTradeGBFee,RefundFromSeller,TotalRefundToBuyer,CorrelationID
2,Add,Failure,BAF.Error.7,PayPal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have tried everything - including the solutions referenced in this thread - to resolve this particular issue. Unfortunately, I've spent over forty-hours simply trying to implement this template, without success. This is a case of so much time and effort invested that I can't rationalize walking away. Any additional help from the community would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@card-and-coin 

I started with eBay's trading card template that I then color-coded with two sample listings. This is the sample template from which I started:

https://shipscript.com/ebayhelp/file_exchange/eBay-category-listing-sport-trading-cards_example_8SEP... 

There are 4 columns associated with payment, and those 4 columns should be removed from your template if you have Business policies. A Payment Policy name would be populated elsewhere in the spreadsheet.

Paypal acceptedPaypal email addressImmediate pay requiredPayment instructions

If not using business policies, but with eBay's Managed Payments, you don't need the two columns for PayPal. However, there was a transition period of File Exchange moving to Seller Hub, where those columns still needed to be present in the spreadsheet. As it is, eBay should be ignoring them if they are present.  

I do not have business policies and I successfully uploaded a trading card listing with the four columns in place. I left three columns empty, but marked the Immediate Pay column as true, as shown below.

Paypal acceptedPaypal email addressImmediate pay requiredPayment instructions

This is the successful listing where I included the four payment columns and the info rows at the top of eBay's template:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386159221445

I then removed all four payment columns, and the info rows at the top, and successfully uploaded another listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225797136510

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply