Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File exchange not uploading all entries

Hi

I am an Australian eBay seller.

We have been advised to update MPN, UPC, Brand

Have been trying all week

I downloaded a file thru file exchange active listings called "add unique identifiers"

Updated the data on the file

Uploaded the CSV file with 45000 listings

Result was "SUCCESS"

When randomly checking the data on the listings hasnt changed

Under "review all revisions" the "revised information" result shows I changed the  "Postage Terms'

I didnt change Postage terms

Any ideas to as to why?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

By "SUCCESS", do you mean the upload was a success, or did you download, and look at the upload results file?

Using the upload process is a two step process. Upload, then you need to examine (download and view) the upload results file to see if the individual actions, in the file,  were successful.

Go to the Upload Results page - http://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?FileExchangeUploadResults&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

Now click on the link on the far right to download the report. Once downloaded, click on the file, in your download directory, to view in your default spreadsheet. On large files, instead of paging through the entire file, I "Sort" the Status column. That will bring all "Failures" to the top of the file for examination. Note that that also sorts "Warnings" to the end if the file. Warnings can be just as important as failures , in some cases.

I have noticed some occasions were a Success, did not actually cause an update to the field in question. Repeated updates eventually did. I have not noticed this on the product identifiers.

The eBay associates who monitor this board, may not answer for the weekend, although they may, late Sunday (US Pacific time).

You might send an email, from your registered email address, to turbodata@ebay.com. Include your userid, the job reference number, and a description of the issue. I do not know if that email account is monitored on weekends.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks dollybeauty for the reply. "SUCCESS" was on the download report from the results page

I wrote down 4 item numbers yesterday to check today, thought maybe due to the size of the file it may take a while to update:

All 4 said success - see attached JPG called "UPLOAD"

301874974894   MPN = uploaded, Brand = no, UPC = uploaded

301909153050   MPN = no, Brand = no, UPC = uploaded

291732460821    MPN = no, Brand = no, UPC = uploaded

301859357401    MPN = uploaded, Brand = no, UPC = uploaded

I am using the file downloaded from http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMDownloadRequest

Active/fileexchange/adduniqueidentifiers (UPC/EAN/ISBN/Brand/MPN)

When you check each item number, under "view all revisions", the revised information field is 'POSTAGE TERMS"

Today I created an upload sheet (see upload V1 JPG) with the 4 items numbers above. Uploaded, all said "SUCCESS"
checked all 4 and same issue as before, nothing changed. I have attached this sheet.

When you check each item number, under "view all revisions", the revised information field is again 'POSTAGE TERMS"

I will send turbodata@ebay.com an email

Message 3 of 3
latest reply