cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Book Keeping Auto mated sales data scrap

last few years I've bought an excel spread sheet that I linked to ebay with the token.  They've decided not to offer it in 2023, but the ease of having the data scraped and put in excel automatically is fantastic.  If you are entering this info by hand, I'm telling you it's such a time saver.

does anyone know any business that is offering to set up this type of connection from excel spreedsheet to ebay or know how it can easily be done if you already have a spreadsheet created?  Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay now has a fairly complete accounting spreadsheet in Seller Hub where you can set your own date range to get a full tax year.

Seller Hub > Payments > Report > Transaction reports

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/report

Be sure to check all the options and dropdowns on that page to find the report best suited for your needs.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I see this is raw data, kind of spewed out to  excel.  Would you know if I'm missing a way to customize how Ebay gives the info in Excel and add rules to it, then I could see this working well.  I think I need the right API or one built.  Just to know where to find someone to do that.  Thx though.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@genxresell 

I think the structure is pretty much the same for all the report types in that group. If you want data by transaction, the spreadsheet can be sorted by the sale transaction number so that values can be assigned at the item level. Or the reports can be sorted, or can be individually printed, as sales, expense, or payout data.

I only look at my data once a year to file taxes, and only care about gross totals. So, whether PayPal or eBay, I simply collapse all the columns that I don't care about and then calculate totals on the columns that do matter.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply