cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error With Gallery Photos with CSV Files

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to list with the CSV upload file, however the gallery photos are not working on the app.

Everything is showing as normal on the website with PC, however when it comes to the app, you can only see the photos of the listing when you click on the ad. (No image appears in search, image attached below)

Here is link to listing Talon #7 (2013) DC Comics | eBay

This is an example link from AWS S3 that I am using to host the image. 

IMG_9915.jpeg (3024×4032) (liljimmycomics.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com)

4.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Error With Gallery Photos with CSV Files

@sportdude88 

The thumbnails are not showing in eBay Search on a web browser either. 

The photos were not retrieved from your server by eBay, probably because the connection took too long to deliver the humongous files.

The listing is delivering images directly from your server because eBay doesn't have the photos. 

Talon #7 (2013) DC Comics | eBay

The externally served photos take forever to load in the listing. 

https://liljimmycomics.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/IMG_9915.jpeg

The one image I tested has a file size of 3.5MB and is 3024 x 4032 pixels, which is a 12 MP image.

eBay stores only a 1600 pixel image, so there is no need to deliver anything larger than that.

A 12 MP image is 6 times larger than the 2 MP image that eBay keeps.  Set your camera to a lower resolution or downsize your photos before uploading to AWS.  eBay's fetching routine is not very tolerant of slow deliveries.

This is a common problem for those using a spreadsheet to upload photos. I typically suggest providing a photo of only 800-1000 pixels, but due to the nature of your items, you may want to attempt 1600 pixels. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply