cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay File Exchange return a invalid CSV when firearm alerts

When Ebay includes a Firearm alert, it includes html text with new lines, etc. destroying completely the CSV.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@carme-9686 

You can open the .csv file in a text editor, like Notepad or Notepad++, and delete the html code. The html commands are enclosed within <angle brackets>, which should make them easy to spot. After that, you should be able to open the file in a spreadsheet editor like Excel.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you, I knew it, but I would preffer that Ebay repair it.

I don't like to be forced to edit csv every time Ebay decides to send something wrong

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well, I can't do anything to make eBay fix it.

Forgive me for thinking that you might like to have a work-around in the meantime.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Well, it is not even a workaround since there is a lot of information that is missing like inventory id, so even if I edit it to make it a valid csv, it is a useless csv.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Could you explain 'Firearm' alerts?

Since you are on the Spain site, maybe there is a translation problem.

Are you trying to list firearms? Not allowed on eBay.

'inventory id' is not a valid FileExchange field. Try including your inventory info as a CustomLabel instead.

There are many here to help you with FileExchange. It helps if we can see the contents of your csv file. Note...It will be picked apart. Do not take this personally. In trying to help you, we may make suggestions that others will read. This helps you and them.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@carme-9686 

Alerts appear in a results file. What results file are you downloading? There are many types of files that can be downloaded from File Exchange, including templates, price and quantity, recommendations, selling manager, upload response file, etc.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

From this page:

https://bulksell.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?FileExchangeUploadResults&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

I detected 2 problems:
1- Too long errors, that give you uncomplete rows "Morning B:Gluten-Free Oats (27%), SOYA Protein Crunchies (SOYA Protein, Tapioca Starch,...",
2- Warnings with multipline (like weapon advertising) that also cut the row.

Looks like Ebay has a max size for every row, and after generate it, cuts it instead of cuting the warnings/errors. So we receive a wrong CSV with uncomplete rows.

This errors should be fixed as soon as possible by Ebay, but it is Ebay, so I think they will never fix it...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply