cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay 1099-K Gross Amount Question

So, I've been trying to figure something out. Line 1a on my 1099-K (gross amount of payments) has a certain amount, but reviewing my total sales amount summary from the entire year on my Ebay account page shows a pretty significant difference. The amount shown on the website for the year is about $2,000 more than what is on my 1099-K form. I've tried going over the numbers and I can't quite figure out what charges/items is causing the difference. Is there something that has already been deducted from my total sales amount that won't be reflected on the 1099 form? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@happygirlcreations wrote:

So, I've been trying to figure something out. Line 1a on my 1099-K (gross amount of payments) has a certain amount, but reviewing my total sales amount summary from the entire year on my Ebay account page shows a pretty significant difference. The amount shown on the website for the year is about $2,000 more than what is on my 1099-K form. I've tried going over the numbers and I can't quite figure out what charges/items is causing the difference. Is there something that has already been deducted from my total sales amount that won't be reflected on the 1099 form? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Hi @happygirlcreations! The 1099-K includes the gross amount and doesn't include adjustments for things like credits, discounts, refunds, etc. There is a great help page that can be found here and you can use the reports to help reconcile things as well. I'll include a help page for more on that here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@happygirlcreations 

One confusing issue is that eBay uses the Managed Payments settlement date (when funds become available to you), not the date that your item sold and not the date that your buyer paid, to determine which transactions to include on that year's 1099.  So, if you had $2000 in sales at the end of December, but eBay settled with you the first week of January, then those last few December transactions would appear on the following year's 1099.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much for the information. I figured there had to be some things not included in that amount. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I hadn't thought about that, but that makes sense. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply