cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital camera for ebay photos

I read somewhere from an ebay seller that his preference was a Kodak digital camera. Anyone have thoughts?  I have a Galaxy A54/5g and I can't stand the pictures.  Want to go back to a digital. Tks 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I use an Apple Ipad to take photos.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I use an Apple Ipad to take the photos and I load them this way too through the ebay app.  It is so much faster than using a camera and then connecting the camera to the desktop.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am not familiar with your Galaxy device.

Your listing photos look fine, so I assume you have some specific issues.

Just about any camera will work for eBay, so it really depends on your own personal preference for using the camera controls and for how the camera fits in your hand. A lot of picture quality depends on the user's understanding of proper lighting, staging, and using the available camera controls.  I  suspect almost all digital cameras will take great eBay photos, if  the camera is correctly set for the situation. But most casual sellers don't want to learn camera controls and will use "Auto" mode to simplify the process. This might not work when most devices are optimized for taking snapshots of people and faces.

I have used iPhone, iPad, and a digital camera that is 20 years old, and they all work quite well for eBay photos. 

Now that I am 20 years older than when I started using my digital camera for eBay, I think I prefer the iPad because the "viewfinder" is big enough to actually see the item (Apple optics are superb on both phone and iPad). On Apple devices, I can tap an area on the screen to set focus, white balance (color correction), and exposure compensation (brightness).

However, basic Apple devices don't have a feature called "macro", which is a standard closeup option for digital cameras, which would allow focusing as close as a few inches. Instead, the iPhone/iPad can "zoom", which is a poor option for closeups.  For closeups with the iPhone or iPad, I simply get as close as focusing allows, and then crop out the excess background.

Also keep in mind that the flash can destroy a photo by washing out the depth, so I never use a flash on product photos.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I found the article I wanted and have decided to go with a digital camera.  The photos were done on my older version of Samsung Galaxy which was destroyed.  The ' upgraded' one takes terrible pictures. Colors not true and I never ever use the flash. Thanks all . 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I use a Nikon 16MP L820 for which I paid $2.99 at Goodwill, when they were still selling for $299.00 at Meijer stores.

I would buy the same again but with Wifi to make uploading easier

Message 6 of 6
latest reply