cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 3 Photo editor not working No Crop Needs trouble ticket opened.

When making a new listing on  desk top. directly on the eBay platform.  You can whiten the background but after saving go to crop the photo down to highlight product the button shows crop outline.  However it in not adjustable and does not work. 

Oh and tried on mobile app bot working there either.

Just a thought when you crop on the whiten background and adjust it why can eBay just use that as the crop,  instead of having to re it a second time.

Time is the most precious gift, Thank you for yours,
aswe
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@aswegrow2 

I just tested this on Win10 with Firefox 114 and was able to:

1. adjust contrast and brightness,
  2. save,
  3. crop and then click the sun (which may have forced a background save),
  4. again adjust contrast and brightness ,
  5. save.

What system/browser are you using?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@aswegrow2 

I just tested this on Win10 with Firefox 114 and was able to:

1. adjust contrast and brightness,
  2. save,
  3. crop and then click the sun (which may have forced a background save),
  4. again adjust contrast and brightness ,
  5. save.

What system/browser are you using?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I am having similar issues, after an update 3 or so days ago. I can no longer 

crop my photos using mobile app ...on top of that when I now upload my perfect

pictures ebay is turning them into 1990 flip phone pictures that are unviewable. I have

contacted support 3 times now and they have basically chalked it off as a problem with my phone.

Funny I have 2k listings with 0 issues until 3 days ago. You are the first person I have seen having simar issues.

I am beginning to suspect it's an ebay issue and not mine...was close to buying a new phone because I am hemorrhaging money

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I'm having the same crope issue.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Same Problem here.  I upload high res photos from my phone and I can only crop a sliver of the image.  It acts like I have low res photos.  Some have worked ok but now all the images I took last night I cannot crop the way I would like.  Please fix.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I use Google Photos to host (free & secure "https") all my images. If you do all your edits (cropping / color / brightness / contrast) in google photos, way more control and editing capabilities, then you can copy the URL on that image and paste it into the E-Bay listing tool. This will keep the original size so when you see an image on E-Bay and hover over it or click on it, then it will show the larger size image. I haven't had much success using the E-Bay photo edit tool.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Thanks  @shipscript Ship  using Windows 11.  Resolved  sorry  some health issues delay in getting back in here. 

aswe
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have the same issue.  Both on my PC and my mobile app and my IPAD.  I turned in a ticket a week ago when I first had the issue.  It looked like it was working for a few days and now it is not working again. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

For me, it's not the Browser as I have tried three different browsers, my ipad app and my android phone app, all fails. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Issue still presents galaxy s23 ultra

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I too have this problem... tried my Motorola android phone, chromebook, and desktop, and the picture I'm trying to crop grays out a bit, and can only crop off a narrow sliver of photo. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Issue is still ongoing over a month later

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Are there ever going to fix this issue?

How do we report it?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Having exactly the same issue.  Thought it was fixed for a few days, but everything I have tried to list so far today has been affected.  Reported it to ebay but they don't seem to know anything about it.  I'm a business seller and this really affecting my productivity.  Sounds like lots of people are having the same issue.  Ebay needs to fix this fast.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Thanks  Shipscript.   Been crazy here,  I did use your tips and forgot the say thank you!  Did not mean to be rude.

aswe
Message 15 of 16
latest reply