cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking new accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

A buyer I blocked seems to have setup a new account with a different address, it was setup literally the day after I canceled the most recent auction they won but never paid for after waiting  for 10 days. So question.... is there anyway to block buyers based on how long they've been active???

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Blocking new accounts

The short answer is "No". 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Blocking new accounts

No, but you can report the buyer for attempting to circumvent your block.

"Members must not create additional accounts to circumvent selling restrictions, buying limits, suspension, or to manipulate any site feature"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/violation-ebay-user-agreement-policy?id=...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Blocking new accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@varebelrose wrote:

No, but you can report the buyer for attempting to circumvent your block.

But I'm worried that won't do much since they have a different name and address. I'll definitely try it though, thanks!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Blocking new accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you know their new ID, block it.

I currently have 3 variants of the same buyer's ID in my BBL.

Crazy gal kept coming back with a new ID that was only 1 character different than her last.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Blocking new accounts

The item not recieved scam is getting old.  

New account purchases somthing and waits for seller to mail.  Then the buyer messages the seller to mail to a different address all while the buyers first address is incorrect.  Either way the buyer says the item is not recieved.  They either get you to change the address and you lose your item or you reject your request and possibly still lose your item since it is either way undeliverable and also 100s of miles away.

Should be a way to limit new accounts from purchasing anything expensive to mitigate these scams.

Just lost a couple dollars and it got me to this page.  Not a big deal but it does get old quick.  Thank you all for your time and cheers 🍻.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Blocking new accounts

@scho_5011 

If a seller ships to the address provided at checkout, and ships with tracking, the seller is protected from a "not received" claim if a buyer subsequently requests shipment to a different address.  The buyer is responsible for providing a working address at checkout. Sometimes an item arriving at a wrong address will return to sender, or sometimes the unintended recipient will keep the item and it will register as delivered. An invalid address would not cause the item to simply disappear and be lost.

Should the buyer request a change of address prior to shipping out the item, then cancel the sale due to a problem with the buyer address, and relist so that the buyer can repurchase with the correct address.

If you encounter a situation where an item is being held at the buyer's post office, awaiting buyer pickup, while the buyer opens a non-delivery claim, then contact support to report that situation as it is a new scam technique.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply