cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to import new listings from CSV with shipping info

I am fairly new to selling on Ebay, but I have quite a few items I want to be able to import from CSV. I have figured out how to do this from Upload Reports doing Template Source as Listings -> Create New Drafts, but I would like to be able to also include these fields as well: ShippingType,OriginatingPostalCode,WeightMajor,WeightMinor,WeightUnit,PackageLength,PackageDepth,PackageWidth. Just adding them onto the CSV to import does not seem to work however. Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks for your help,

Sunni

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Best way to import new listings from CSV with shipping info

@sunniswain 

I assume you are starting to sell items using an inventory spreadsheet provided by a drop-shipper.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/uploads

The CSV template for drafts is quite limited. If you have lots of items in only a few categories, it might be better to use the category templates on that selector to "create new listings" instead of "create new drafts".   The basic part of the template is the same for most categories, while the Item Specifics are tailored to each category.  Related categories probably share the same item specific columns.

To use the templates as "drafts", you can schedule them to start at a later date, and that will allow you to manually edit your listings before they go live. However, you will only get a couple of weeks to finish up your listings, unlike actual drafts. Additionally, you may have to fill in required fields with dummy data to get the items to save, and then correct the information while the listing is in scheduled status. 

To test your listings, instead of the "Add" action, use "VerifyAdd". You'll get a success or failure results file without actually committing to real listings.

If you would like to schedule your listing to start later, add a ScheduleTime column with a UTC date code. If you actually care about the time of day, you will need to calculate your own time back to 24 hour UTC time.

ScheduleTime
2024-04-18T16:30:00.000Z

You can see more CSV shipping code column examples in this post.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Offer-Free-Shipping-on-Items-in-Bulk-Upload/m-p/34391129#M475...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply