cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated eBay Options

Automated sellers and buyers do not exist, but personal communications and customer service should. Computer intelligence is an oxymoron when it comes to personal communications. Buyers sometimes face illness, business demands, family emergencies, and the death of relatives without obligation to limit the timing to the five days eBay allows to complete a storybook transaction. Sellers need to be able to opt out of impersonal time demands, sales cancellations, customer ultimatums, and generalizations that don't fit the same assumptions of artificial automation triggers.

eBay is called a community of members focused on customer service, not a robotic vending machine. Customer service representatives are a part of major businesses on the internet such as Amazon, PayPal, Best Buy, and countless others.

eBay is open at both ends, to customers and sellers. Individuals sell and individuals buy specific items. eBay sets standards, policies, and procedures. Canned communications are as human centered as Marxism, dictatorships, and the military. Neighbors can be friends and cooperate with freedom, not impersonal robotics.

Is it possible to accumulate an order by bidding on several items from the same seller - source over a period of days on eBay? By the time the first item is two days old eBay will send a warning - reminder that the item has not been paid for yet. If a buyer complies and sends $2.00 the seller is paid for the first item and expected to send it from Biloxi in its own container. So, the buyer ignores the payment for one item in a combined order to China, which pleases the seller and saves buyers and sellers cartage money (ad absurdum). So, ignore the canned message and try to avoid deterioration of your reputation on eBay in the deep state. (This example was not approved by eBay)

Veiled threats or character weakness against customers who make "slow payments?" give sellers the opportunity to literally opt out and correspond with their customers personally. The last time I mentioned this I was banned from the Community Bulletin-board and my message was removed. There is too much independence and customer service inherent in sharing it. Censorship is from incensed censors in the shadows. Twitter and Facebook employ them. I ran afoul of Twitter for criticizing a racist (called hate speech by Twitter) and telling a Fox News propagandist Ingraham, that it was quicker to kill someone by stepping in front of a speeding bus, than telling them to not wear a COVID-19 mask. Now we are in a standoff while they wait for me to retract my pre-election comments. The racism and Fox bad advice continue on Twitter, but they finally banned Trump from lying. He only lied 30,000 instances in public comments elsewhere in 4 years according to fact-checkers in the fake news in North America, Europe, and other literate places.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Automated eBay Options

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello @activtrade1 the announced change to the Unpaid Item process does not end a seller's ability to manage their sales and allow buyers more time to purchase from them before paying.

If you would like to handle unpaid items manually, you can do so by changing your “Preferences for items awaiting payment” at any time. You can also manage unpaid items at the buyer level through “block buyer” preferences.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
latest reply