cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sell laptop

I refunded the money from the sale of my item but I never received the item and I have 3 weeks waiting for my item and the laptop price is 800 dollars

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sell laptop

hi @dheri.alberto 

was this a return made through eBay returns? Why did you refund the buyer before you received the item back?

purpleguppy
Volunteer Community Mentor. eBay member since 1999

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

You should have waited to refund until it was returned.

You probably won't be getting the laptop back now.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

Because eBay forced me to return the money before 3 days and the buyer sent me the item that he told me eBay message but I never get a tracking number I don’t know what I can do ?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

No, you had to accept the return and provide return shipping within 3 days.

You didn't have to refund until tracking showed something was returned.

Since you refunded, not much you can do but ask the buyer if they'll return it if you send a prepaid shipping label.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

@dheri.alberto You made a drastic error by refunding too soon. There are some buyers who will be willing to repay, but if it has already been three weeks they clearly don't intend to return the item or repay for it. eBay considers the matter over and out once the refund is processed.

Try reaching out to the buyer and see if they perhaps did return it and have a tracking number you can look at to see what happened. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

I did days ago and he said he sends like 2 weeks ago but I don’t believe him I text to him today and he not answer me back anymore I don’t know what I can do 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

Sadly my friend,  I think that you have made a big mistake & your buyer took advantage of it.  Actually you had three days to pay for a return label - not to refund your buyer.  Take it as a learning experience - never, ever, never issue a refund until you have your returned item in your hand.  All that you can do now is try your buyer again.  But I am not confident that you will get anywhere.  So sorry.  (J.B.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

sell laptop

@dheri.alberto wrote:

I don’t know what I can do 

Nothing but beg your buyer to ship the laptop back to you.

They are under no obligation to do so.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: