cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post sale buyer wants to return becoz doesnt like toning, 30 day return policy; do I have to refund

I have a 30 day return policy, 6 days after buyer received item they requested a return for following reason: they did not intend to purchase (they outbid 13 bidders) and that they did not like the toning on coin. The items description was very proficient regarding the toning. Can I refuse the request for refund? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

post sale buyer wants to return becoz doesnt like toning, 30 day return policy; do I have to refund

@silverman20_08 

Can I refuse the request for refund?’

No, because you said you have a 30 day return policy. That allows buyers to return  for any reason. Actually they don’t even need a  reason. 
If this was a ‘free returns’, you must supply the return label. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@silverman20_08 

Can I refuse the request for refund?’

No, because you said you have a 30 day return policy. That allows buyers to return  for any reason. Actually they don’t even need a  reason. 
If this was a ‘free returns’, you must supply the return label. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

thank you!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

7 days after receipt of item, buyer made a request for refund as he did not like the toning WHICH WAS CLEARLY NOTED. Refund was approved with a return of item. Shipping was provided for return. eBay issued refund before the return. my rule states refund when returned. ITEM STILL NOT RETURNED AND BUYER HAS THE REFUND.

My question is do I have any options what-so-ever as my return rule was not followed?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They only issue a refund like that if you don't provide the shipping label. Did you privately send him a label without actually sending it through eBay?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

In the request I stated I wanted eBay to issue it and they did. I had them send me the USPS # so I could track it. and was done on same date as refund approval. Ive never had any communication with buyer other than to return item and have never replied to.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: