cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of refund

I bougt a set of rims for a Lexus RS350 and didn't like the look so i returned them aquiring tracking numbers. two weeks later ebay sent a partial refund (half the pucchase amount) I called ebay taht week and and complained about a partial refund and was told that it is under review. waited a month and called again, received the same response of it being under review. On May 10 my final phone call, I was told that it is too late to do anything and that they showed no previous phone calls, which really doesn't surprise me. I am out over $800.00. is there anything I can do? HELP!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lack of refund

It all depends on the seller's return policy.   A return just because you did not like the item is up to the seller as to what if any they will refund.   Not all sellers take returns just because a buyer does not like the item.  Buying here is not like a big box store.  You have to read the seller's return policy before you bid.

If you purchased by credit card, contact your card company.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

@simba6 

Everyone takes returns. If you don’t know that, read the posts on the form. Sadly the buyer was being honest, and didn’t say “not has described “ 

I hope the  buyer goes right to his credit card company, and I would suggest not buying something like this on eBay. Pay a little more and see it first. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

We are not allowed to suggest people break eBay rules here.     The item sounds like it was described in a correct way, just the buyer did not like it.   In that case, sellers don't take returns.  Yes a lie will work wonders. My point was not to buy items in a venue like this that you might not be happy with.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

@jishe3888 wrote:

On May 10 my final phone call, I was told that it is too late to do anything and that they showed no previous phone calls, which really doesn't surprise me. I am out over $800.00. is there anything I can do? HELP! 

Just file a Credit Not Processed chargeback with your return tracking number, to show your card issuer that you returned the merchandise.

jaja_2942_0-1715380342019.jpeg

eBay doesn't allow restocking fees, so that works to your advantage when you chargeback at your card issuer for the rest of your refund. Don't talk to eBay @jishe3888 nor with the seller any more. Just file the chargeback with your card issuer.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

Dispute a credit card purchase...that won't work. You got a partial refund...which shows up in eBay between the bank and eBay. Tracking...and a refund(partial)..so you will be dealing with your bank and whether the bank will do a partial refund. I never heard of a partial refund of a purchase. Maybe someone here might answer if they did.

I have won and lost a few credit card disputes so I know a little compared to those who only read the laws of eBay and send you the links...but don't actually sell anymore on eBay.

Remember...if you lose a dispute...you usually get charged another $20.+ for doing a dispute through eBay and the bank.

Partial refund...we don't know how much...when purchased was placed...after 30 days I assume when item was received in person.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

Where do you Credit not processed chargeback? In this process

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

I guess I need to explain my situation a little clearer. I bought a set of auto rims in December and the seller agreed to receive the returns, which were sent back on December 23. eBay returned 835.14 of the 1670.28 purchase price on January 10 and a week later I called them and they told me to provide the tracking number. I did and they claimed the seller received only two back. I call EBay and they told me they had received the tracking number and they would investigate. 3 weeks later I called eBay and they told me it was still under review. The first of March I called eBay and they told me it was still under review. Mid April I called eBay and they told me there was no record of previous calls and that the case was closed. I am out 835.14. Understandably mad as hell, I am at a complete loss. Too late for the bank to do anything and absolutely no help from eBay!

HELP!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

Hello  I have been trying to find away to call them on the phone is there a number to call?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

lack of refund

so the buyer should have lied?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: