cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it difficult locating the Resolution Center, contact Ebay, sort an illegal activity

Today I purchased a software listed as 2023 version. The Ebay sellers site asked me to go to a web link. it immediately connected me with my Pay Pal account. I found this unusual but decided to proceed. Having clicked the pay button I wanted to retract my payment. The system said i had 4 seconds in which to do it, which I did. However the payment went through and i received a receipt for the spend. On opening the software it was a 2022 version and not the 2023 version that I had paid for.

I tried to get back to the seller but the seller now 'does not exist'   I tried to go to my recent purchases and this purchase does not show at all. I went back to the item listing and there was an error  in trying to find the page. 

The biggest joke is I'm trying to locate the Resolution Centre within Ebay and its taking me around in circles and giving me 1 ,minute blurbs instead of directing me to a contact / dispute page. I have not only lost with the seller in the deal, but also lost faith in Ebay in trying to help innocent long term buyers such as myself. More so I am unable to write and protect other buyers or report this seller. What a balls up!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why is it difficult locating the Resolution Center, contact Ebay, sort an illegal activity

@karratha456,

If you didn't pay through the eBay checkout page, then the transaction was not completed on eBay, and eBay has no record of it. eBay can't help you with it because you didn't make a purchase on eBay. You allowed the seller to trick you into doing an off-eBay transaction.

You will need to do a return request through PayPal, using the reason "not as described". If you sign up for "Return shipping on us" before you do, then PayPal will reimburse you for the cost of the return shipping label.

https://www.paypal.com/do/webapps/mpp/returns/terms-and-conditions?locale.x=en_DO

It's easiest if you buy the return shipping label through PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/business/operations/shipping

If the seller has already been suspended from eBay, then you don't need to do anything to protect their future buyers because there won't be any.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@karratha456,

If you didn't pay through the eBay checkout page, then the transaction was not completed on eBay, and eBay has no record of it. eBay can't help you with it because you didn't make a purchase on eBay. You allowed the seller to trick you into doing an off-eBay transaction.

You will need to do a return request through PayPal, using the reason "not as described". If you sign up for "Return shipping on us" before you do, then PayPal will reimburse you for the cost of the return shipping label.

https://www.paypal.com/do/webapps/mpp/returns/terms-and-conditions?locale.x=en_DO

It's easiest if you buy the return shipping label through PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/business/operations/shipping

If the seller has already been suspended from eBay, then you don't need to do anything to protect their future buyers because there won't be any.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The Seller could only provide that link either on the listing or via message. Both of those have a 'Report' function attached to them.

The listing one can be a little buried on the bottom.

However, like @lacemaker3 has said, you paid off of eBay, so eBay can't help refund you.

Please do report the seller where you were given the fraudulent information (messaging system/listing) to help decrease this from happening to someone else.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks  Lacemaker3, I've followed your advice and logged a Pay Pal claim. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Interestingly, there is no record of my purchase in My Purchases. Revisiting the sellers site returns '

We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

Trying to contact the seller karratha456_0-1689275933119.png

When trying to caution Ebay about this scenario !!! ........... I'll have a better chance of going to heaven.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

I believe that Paypal stopped the return shipping on us program late last year.

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/paypal-ending-return-shipping-on-us-program/

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm aware there is no order. I didn't say report the order, you did the transaction outside of eBay. You report where you got the link. Either it was listed directly on the listing, or it was sent to you via a message.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Of course there’s no transaction in your eBay purchases, because you didn’t make the purchase on eBay. You purchased from a random link provided by the seller of which the seller violated eBays fee circumvention policy by taking the sale away from eBay site.
You need to report the seller to eBay here >>> Report a Seller  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: