cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When worn item returned worn…

Sold kids jacket which was in excellent flawless condition.  At some point return request was opened for the reason as it did not fit. The jacket was in buyer’s hands for 12 days.  I got it back today and there noticeable signs that the jacket was worn -  a grease stain and just dirty here and there.   I am so tempted to not refund the whole amount with the reason that it was worn.   I have never done it before and it is a pre-owned jacket to start with. So I feel conflicted. But now I need to treat the stains and wash and hope it will be in same perfect condition to sell. What would you do?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Refund full amount...block them...and hope for positive feedback.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@love.sell.cutestuff 

You are a TRS.  Do you not have the option to refund "up to 50%"?  I would do that.  If the buyer complains, eBay will probably front the rest of the refund on their dime. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@love.sell.cutestuff 

You are a TRS.  Do you not have the option to refund "up to 50%"?  I would do that.  If the buyer complains, eBay will probably front the rest of the refund on their dime. 

I think you meant you DO have the option to......

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@love.sell.cutestuff 

As TRS accepting returns, you can deduct up to 50%for items not returned in the condition sent.

As TRS accepting returns, as a perk, bad feedback is auto-scrubbed by eBay.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I think you meant you DO have the option to......

@inhawaii 

How about "don't you have the option..."????? LOL

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

A question. Correct as written.  🙂

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

@buyselljack2016 

You're right!   I'm the one who misread it!

My apologies.  

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Since it's a pre-owned item, I would refund and move on.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you have the capability, deduct whatever amount you feel will recompense you for having to deal with the damage (it does not have to be 50%), clean it up and relist.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"Are You Not Entertained? Is This Not Why You Are Here?" Maximus Decimus Meridius

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Just to let you all know -  today in day light I the jacket outside and there are spots and stains everywhere, around cuffs, and pockets, really bad. I took a lot of pictures of them, just in case.  Also, what is upsetting - the jacket reeks of scented detergent - which I never use.  That means that the child dirtied it, and she washed it and sent it back to me, and all the stains and spots did not come out in her wash.  Which will make it much harder if not impossible to get to the sellable condition.  

for now I blocked her, have my pictures and will do %50 of the refund and see what happens.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: