cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller lied in listing and eBay refused to force a return.

I bought a grille emblem for my 2006 Chrysler Town and Country that was listed as fitting all 2003-2007 Chrysler Town and Country minivans. When it arrived I found it was too small, and only then did the seller tell me there were two sizes and I had gotten the smaller of the two.  The listing did not mention the size or that there were two different sizes. The seller cancelled the return as soon as I asked for it, and eBay has refused to step in.  I had to pay $81 for a part that did not fit because the seller lied and eBay let him get away with it..

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How could the seller cancel a return? Did you actually open an item not as described case with eBay?

You had 30 days after delivery to do that.  How about returning and telling us what you have done so far?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

If the seller has a no returns policy and the buyer opens a return for doesn't fit, the seller has the option to decline the return. 
It sounds like what the OP opened a remorse return for doesn't fit.  
@posti 

Your option now would be to go to the payment method used to make the purchase and open a not as described chargeback. 
Good luck.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I ordered a grille emblem for my 2006 Chrysler Minivan from a listing that advertised '2003 to 2007' Chrysler minivans with no mention of two sizes.  The image provided no scale or reference.  After I received the item and contacted the seller, they informed me that there were two sizes and I had gotten the smaller one when IO needed the larger one.  I started a return through eBay stating 'item did not fit' as it did match the description. The seller cancelled the return request, and eBay refused to force the return. I went as far as I could to get a refund from the Seller and through eBay - no luck.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

When the Seller advertises that an items DOES fit, and the items sent DOESN'T fit, 'doesn't fit' is not a 'remorse' reason - it is the correct reason.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

In eBay Doesn't fit IS a remorse return reason.  
Remorse return reasons that a seller with a no return policy can deny:

Didn't like it

Doesn't fit

Changed my mind

Found a better price

Ordered by mistake

Returns a seller can't deny: 

Doesn't match pictures or descriptions 

Defective

Missing parts or pieces 

Recieved wrong item 

Arrived damaged 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@posti wrote:

When the Seller advertises that an items DOES fit, and the items sent DOESN'T fit, 'doesn't fit' is not a 'remorse' reason - it is the correct reason.

If the listing said it fit, but it's doesn't, it's not as described.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for that info.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately, eBay sees "doesn't fit" as a remorse reason, perhaps they are thinking in terms of clothing rather than auto parts.

Therefore, in a situation like the OP's, it's undeniably better to open an ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE.  That means that the description described it as fitting my auto, but it doesn't.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@posti wrote:

I bought a grille emblem for my 2006 Chrysler Town and Country that was listed as fitting all 2003-2007 Chrysler Town and Country minivans.

No @posti you had a "Received wrong item" reason for return:

rseuqinh_0-1708206112920.jpeg

Even though the Item specifics in the listing tries to lie that they are the same

-- the part number (and dated 2008) on the back of the emblem

-- is not the part number (and dated 2015) on the bag.

rseuqinh_0-1708232811402.jpeg

Instead, you received an emblem for a 2001-2004 model, not your 2006 model.

Someone took the new 2015 item out of the bag, then put the old 2008 item into the bag.

File a "Not as described" dispute with your funding source here or with your card issuer, to get your full refund. You may have to pay for return shipping.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also am working through my credit card company to see if I can get some justice there. Technically, the item is 'Doesn't fit' because the listing is correct for most of the description.  The emblem I got is the wrong size.  In the future I will contact eBay for the reason they will accept, though this is the first time in almost 25 years that I have had an issue with them.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: