cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered camera that only worked 7 mins then mic failed returned and was accused by seller of...

...returning non sellable item. So they only refunded me 50%. How is it my fault it was defective? I didn't return it immediately because I was reading the manual on the website thinking that I had just messed up something in the settings. There was nothing in their return policy indicating this was their "rule". What do I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ordered camera that only worked 7 mins then mic failed returned and was accused by seller of...

It sounds as if you had a TRS who offered (at least) 30-Day Returns or a seller who offered Free Returns. Those sellers are allowed to reduce the refund upon return. There are guidelines, though, and if the seller sent a defective item, you should receive a full refund if the item was returned as it was sent.

Try to reach out to eBay on the facebook page to question your half refund. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Go back to return case or the email eBay sent you when the refund was issued and see if there is a option to appeal the 50% refund.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ellchadan wrote:

What do I do? 

On your refund summary page @ellchadan 

ra876999_0-1698872731542.jpeg

Step on eBay to ask for the rest of your refund. But if eBay doesn't issue your refund, start ANOTHER return request here for the same reason that it only worked for 7 minutes and upload a screenshot showing you told eBay that, if that's how you paid.

Then when asked to return the camera, upload the same tracking number you already returned to the seller, to get the rest of your refund. Otherwise, file a CREDIT NOT PROCESSED chargeback with your card issuer and provide your tracking number to get the remainder of your refund.

Why Would a Customer File a Chargeback With Reason Code “Credit Not Processed?”
“Credit Not Processed” chargebacks are filed by customers who have returned their purchase but did not receive a refund from the merchant.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ellchadan wrote:

...returning non sellable item. So they only refunded me 50%. How is it my fault it was defective? I didn't return it immediately because I was reading the manual on the website thinking that I had just messed up something in the settings. There was nothing in their return policy indicating this was their "rule". What do I do?

The seller is in the right and you are in the right. Seller sold you a working camera, it stopped working, you returned a broken camera.

Seller refunds 50% because camera was returned in non-workling condition.

You appeal and ebay refunds you the rest....unless you have been opening a lot of returns...then you might get opted out of the MBG.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: