cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect catagory placement to block returns.

Curious about sellers who put items in categories that don't have eBay MBG.

I personally made a mistake and purchased some jumper cables that should have 30 day eBay MBG, however, since they placed the item in a certain category, there is no protection and seller can decline return without enforcement.

eBay can only enforce return policy violations if the item has the MBG.

I don't know if I can get in trouble for listing, but the example I'm going to give is....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404345681998?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=986jbsnfsvk&sss...

IDK, I feel like eBay needs a better process to fight such errors. 

Yes, I know it's my fault, I didn't notice the category, and the fact there is no MBG seal on the listing. 

Whatever, I'm done with my rant. Have a nice day.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you report the listing?

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yeah,  I'll get a refund, I'm not worried.

Here is an issue with filing a case with Paypal. They will require that I ship back to the location they have on file for the seller (Which is in China, and I will be responsible for return shipping).

If eBay didn't allow this to be in the wrong category, eBay would not allow it because the item location is in the US, so return shipping to China would be a violation.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Wow, that is super sneaky.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I believe that eBay is aware of this happening. Contact them and they will be able to assist you. Unfortunately, some sellers are aware of this loophole. 

Also report the buyer for this purchase as well. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wow. This is new to me. So the seller's 30-Day Returns means nothing? Was yours a NAD reason?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Contact ebay for business on facebook. You will get a rep that should be able to help you much better than the overseas call center reps. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Report the listing and explain that the seller is avoiding the MBG.

janet9988_0-1687664011366.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I didnt see that one, thanks for posting it.

I'm not worried about being refunded, I will be refunded.

I think eBay needs to fix this. For a more informed buyer I can overcome this.

What I have an issue with is that this category isn't monitored more. There are only a couple categories that are excluded from MBG, and I think these couple of categories should have stricter rules/more bot sensitivity.

I noticed by browsing the categories they are all flooded by foreigners with product located in the USA, and most the images when reverse image searching brings you to retail stores Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot...

So eBay not only doesn't stop these sellers, I guess they don't care because they added Aquline and bluecareexpress. ( yes some of you think of a couple of the legislate reasons, but mostly used for non legit)

They are putting off less experienced customers, with all these listing abuses to avoid MBG.

Come on eBay, I know they make you a lot of money with all the Amazon purchases, but let's do better.

Thanks, sorry for my ranting.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

They could make it just a LITTLE (cough cough) more obvious than the VERY tiny grey verbiage at the bottom of the details.

(Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)
"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Interesting never knew this. Wonder if it is taken down

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I don't even see that message when viewing on app.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ebay is well aware of this and they are allowing it to continue.  They can easily do something to block these listings in these categories. The same way they block a listing for an item made of ivory, they can put the same sort of block on people selling items under that category.

Another way that ebay can stop this is by looking at the payment received and before they take their cut out, they should take a look at the item and the category.  IF the seller put the item in the wrong category, the sale should automatically be cancelled and the  payment should be returned. The seller should get 1 warning incase it was an honest mistake. The 2nd violation should result in a ban.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@dqdistribution wrote:

but let's do better.

Thanks, sorry for my ranting.

I have been ranting for ebay to fix broken crap for over a decade, this most certainly will be gotten around to sometime after they take of all the other glitches.

You and I will be long dead before anything happens.

Think FEATURE not BUG

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: